Can't Cope!!!

Zednick666

Thought it was a good idea to join the Ride2Work scheme, get meself a push bike to keep fit and save some petrol money for the daily commute, which for me equates to 5 miles down woods and canals, lovely...

A week into it and all is going well, until I set off home from the gym one night, hit a wooden post, over the bars and a good 6ft drop onto a Tarmac path below... Head / wrist first :blackeye:

The result; angulated & comminuted fracture of the distal radius, and a fractured scaphoid. Or, one f*cked up wrist, soon as I looked down and saw the shape of it I knew it wasn't good.

I've had to have it pulled back into place and a metal plate / two bolts put in to hold it together. And to top it off... NO DRIVING FOR 6 WEEKS!!!!

Argh I can't cope. Going to sit outsite in the zed making brum noises :bang:

Moan over, just wanted to share my pain. The drugs can stop the arm hurting, but they can't do anything about my real pain :(

ah man, years ago i detached a hand (only held on by skin) and broke the other wrist, both at the same time, at least youve got the other hand to use!!!!! :headhurt:

:scare:

Holy sh1t! That just made me shudder, ouch!!

I'm milking it for all I can at work the :lol: got all the girls making me drinks etc... Though I feel pathetic asking them to open bottles for me

ah man, years ago i detached a hand (only held on by skin) and broke the other wrist, both at the same time, at least youve got the other hand to use!!!!! :headhurt:

I'm milking it for all I can at work the :lol: got all the girls making me drinks etc... Though I feel pathetic asking them to open bottles for me

you get to wipe your A**e count yourself lucky :lol:

i do feel for you though, i did mine at the start of the summer, ruined the whole summer for me. what you have to look forward to though is not being able to wash your hand properly :lol: smelly hand :lol:

:lol: hmm nice! Had a taste of that last week; I had the accident Thursday 20th, but the hospital said they had no beds so would send me home potted and get me in for the op the next day or over the weekend - full elbow to finger tip cast and no painkillers, with a fricken bone sticking out :bang:

anyway, they decided on the sunday that it wasn't accute and that I could wait til the following wednesday! It was really hot, I couldn't move my fingers and it hummed!! :yuck:

I've now got a cast just to the knuckles and between my fingers where they'd stuck together it's all scabbed and sore from sweat & rubbing last week. Needless to say I'm far from impressed on the level of treatment, but glad it's finally on the mend!

you get to wipe your A**e count yourself lucky :lol:

i do feel for you though, i did mine at the start of the summer, ruined the whole summer for me. what you have to look forward to though is not being able to wash your hand properly :lol: smelly hand :lol:

fell off the top of a safari park tree house, it was like jumping off of the chimney of a two storey house. do a backflip and then land with your hands outstretched so hands hit, wrists folded under it, then face hit, then the rest of me followed, apparently i missed a massive tree root with my head by 3 inches B):lol:

lucky escape if you ask me.

i remember lifting my arm and seeing my hand wasnt there, it had jumped off to the side held on by skin and i suppose the tendons. fortunately i just a kid still so got the kids ward and spoiled with lots of lovely drugs. It ached like a bitch for months though and it hurts badly in cold weather now. i can actually pull my hand off the end of my arm a bit, quite disgusting really :teeth:

Please find original post below:

Thought it was a good idea to join the Ride2Work scheme, get meself a push bike to keep fit and save some petrol money for the daily commute, which for me equates to 5 miles down woods and canals, lovely...

A week into it and all is going well, until I set off home from the pub one night, hit a wooden post, over the bars and a good 6ft drop onto a Tarmac path below... Head / wrist first :blackeye:

The result; angulated & comminuted fracture of the distal radius, and a fractured scaphoid. Or, one f*cked up wrist, soon as I looked down and saw the shape of it I knew it wasn't good.

I've had to have it pulled back into place and a metal plate / two bolts put in to hold it together. And to top it off... NO DRIVING FOR 6 WEEKS!!!!

Argh I can't cope. Going to sit outsite in the zed making brum noises :bang:

Moan over, just wanted to share my pain. The drugs can stop the arm hurting, but they can't do anything about my real pain :(

:lol: hmm nice! Had a taste of that last week; I had the accident Thursday 20th, but the hospital said they had no beds so would send me home potted and get me in for the op the next day or over the weekend - full elbow to finger tip cast and no painkillers, with a fricken bone sticking out :bang:

anyway, they decided on the sunday that it wasn't accute and that I could wait til the following wednesday! It was really hot, I couldn't move my fingers and it hummed!! :yuck:

The worst bit you would imagine would be having a bone sticking out. Presuming through the skin for that long? Potential for it to go sceptic?

:console: