New Car

california987

Hi guys,

Currently trying to buy a zed but just have a couple of questions I was wondering if you could help me with. I have found one that I like (UK version) but the owner said that there is no screen just a cubby type whole. Is there any reason for this and how much would it be to get a screen in there? I know there is a member on here that sells them for about £400 if I remember rightly but just wondered if there are any other options? Also is this common for a zed not to have a screen installed?

Cheers :)

That just means it doesnt have sat nav - that wouldnt bother me one bit i actually perfer it without satnav as you can get nurrish (a member on here) to install a way better system for you or you can use it as a storage space since the 350z doesnt have a glovebox compartment. And yes its perfectly normal for the Z not to have a screen installed, a tomtom is way faster and more up to date than a nissan birdview satnav! Hope this helps!

One thing i would reccommend is the GT pack though - this consists of leather heated seats, cruise controll, and depnding on the year rays alloys as standard and some other stuff i think.

02-05 are the first model of car

some 06 are the mid model with updated interior and bi-xenon lights with LED rear lights which look alot nicer + nicer finish interior and some other minor stuff aswell as around 300bhp.

07 i think are the 313 bhp with a bonnet bulge + what the 06 mid life Z's were updated with.

Post the link to the car and we will help as much as possible :thumbs:

No base models have no controlls on the steering wheel. I think satnav was an extra

The car you linked us to doesnt have gt pack which consists of leather heated seats and cruise controll (you can tell because both sides of the steering wheel have controlls on a GT pack car)

Although this looks like a sweet Z and its not the base model because it has controlls on the left hand side of the wheel.

With my nissan sat nav its all linked to my bluetoothe phone and bose system. Dont get me wrong the sat nav is good just a pain you cant put the post code in. The problem with the built in sat nav they seem to hold there money a little better. If your budget is around 9k go for the best condition and lowest milage one you can find for that price.

Thanks for the excellent info from everyone, think my next step is to speak to nurrish and find out if this car would be able to take his system as there has never been a screen im worried there might not be the necassary power outlets/leads etc.

One quick question I notice a lot of member talking about the mpg is this info displayed on the screen that this car is missing?

Thanks for the excellent info from everyone, think my next step is to speak to nurrish and find out if this car would be able to take his system as there has never been a screen im worried there might not be the necassary power outlets/leads etc.

One quick question I notice a lot of member talking about the mpg is this info displayed on the screen that this car is missing?

No bud, its on one of the pods which is standard on every z :thumbs:

Maybe a couple of things and that would be to find out if it was still on the original clutch and i would also check the condition of the exhaust as they are known to snap on the flange (backbox side). Both of my z's snapped in the same place and a few members have had the same problem :thumbs:

I have one more question I was wondering if anyone could help me with. I have been reading through the forums and noticed a few users saying about the car tells them stats after they finish a drive such as; Distance Travelled, Average Speed,Time Taken,Consumption. Where would you get this info from? If I got a car without the screen would I not have access to this info?

No base models have no controlls on the steering wheel. I think satnav was an extra

sorry D49 ... that's wrong ........ all UK models have Bose controls on the LHS of the wheel

The car you linked us to doesnt have gt pack which consists of leather heated seats and cruise controll (you can tell because both sides of the steering wheel have controlls on a GT pack car)

Although this looks like a sweet Z and its not the base model because it has controlls on the left hand side of the wheel.

sorry D49 ... that's wrong too ........this car is the base model ..... all UK models have Bose controls on the LHS of the wheel

GT Cars have:

1) Upgraded Bose

2) Electric leather seats

3) Cruise Control

4) On early cars Rays were a £1000.00 option

5) Satnav was a £1500.00 option