Racing headers

sinbad

Guest prescience

With the twists in those pipes, you will affect your airflow and almost certainly lose power. Others, well look at the design, the straighter the design, the better the flow etc

Guest prescience

TBH don't you think also, the pipes look a bit on the narrow side. Do you know who's make they are - I can't see if it says that on the ad?

I thought part of the challenge with header/manifold design was that the relative LENGTH of each branch is important, specifically they should all be of similar or ideally equal length to give consistent harmonic effects across cylinders. Hence why the rear (and to lesser extent middle) outlet pipe needs more bends it to make it the same length as the front pipe? I'm not very familiar with V6 engines but that's the general principle on a most (and I mean *most*, not all) inline 4 cylinder engines.

Guest prescience

That is quite true but as you will know from fiuid dynamics, any flow around turns is highly prone to turbulence.

I am perhaps being unfair to this product without seeing it in the flesh, but on initial inspection I have reservations that is all :)

There are for sure some good headers out there, Crawford, NIMSO and Borla are all leading names with Crawford getting mentioned in dispatches more than most

Guest prescience

Thanks for finding that link again, it was taken down from another site B)

Great vid :teeth:

Wonder how much R&D they put into their header development?

Those curves are all nice and circular like the CERN acclerator though aren't they

Guest prescience
i sent the seller an email asking what design the headers are based on, but yet no reply?

Thanks for the welcome SARNIE!! :teeth:

How rude :thumbdown: Sinbads thread is onto the second page and only I have welcomed him :scare::surrender:

Tut Tut boys :nono:

Quite right

'Hello Sailor'