JDM Foglight Options

ANDYB350Z

Hi guys

I have a import with the dreaded £10 bolt on fog light on the back bumper, I want to have the hole filled and have the fog light moved into the light cluster in the back bumper. I noticed on another recent thread somebody cut a hole in the cluster and added one, this seems good ! the other option was to simply change a bulb ??? can i do this??? Am i right in thinking the JDM 350z import has 2 reversing lights, so if i change one of these to a red buld and wire it to my existing fog switch, will all be above board and legal ?

few questions !!!

is there any regulations i should know in order to pass the MOT

can the fog light go on any side of the car ?

is it a reverse light buld that I replace ?

What kind of bulb do i need to replace it with ( obviously a red one) but does it need to be of a certain wattage etc ? any advice here would be MASSIVELY appreciated

kind regards

Andy

if i am correct the fog light has to be in the middle or to the right.

i d go with the idea of wiring in to the o/s/r reverse light,replace with rear bulb and sort a switch.

• 3 weeks later...

I have bought a 24 LED bulb which im going to replace the right side reverse bulb with, then simply wire this to the old fog light switch !!

does anybody know how to get these light clusters out of the back bumper ?

any advice or a guide with pictures would be fantastic !!!

Andy