Northern Gas COWBOYS

Daryl

We had our boiler replaced and moved from the kitchen to where the immersion tank was in February by Northern Gas. We went for a big company as we didnt really know or trust local people. The pipework going into the soil stack has been botched,but they have recognised this and are coming to sort that out.

However,we had a kitchen fitted yesterday,and had a electrician round to change the fuse box and put a few new plugs in. When he tested the ring main signal after installation,he found it had a break in it. He eventually stuck his hand into a hole left by the old boiler,and pulled out a ring main cable!

We went upstairs,moved the wardrobe,and pulled the carpet back. We found the flooring (chipboard sheets) had been cut away,and one part had been cut between the joists,so was only resting on the copper pipework! (Dont forget my wardrobe was in this area) We pulled these up and found 2 live ring main cables and 2 dead ring main cables just resting on the kitchen ceiling with a small piece of tape over the end!

To say im disgusted is an understatement! Iv told Northern Gas,and leaving it with them at the mo. But will be seeking legal advice (My girlfriends mum is partner in a law firm,and her sister is also a lawyer) and il be going to CAB about it too.

I will not let them get away with this!

DO NOT EVER USE NORTHERN GAS!!!!!

im a Sparky and that is VERY dangerous. not sure what they were trying to achieve but at the very least you put a safe junction box and label what it did and where it came from.

i hate these major firms that employ idiots that just want to get home earlier enough to watch rosie and jim!!

Did they issue with a certificate when they completed the works, and are they registered under the Part P competent persons scheme? If not, then you could report the matter with photos to Ofgem, Corgi and Trading Standards.

They should not have a license to operate if that is what they leave behind. A Live ring main left taped up and in the roof space!

Not part P qualified myself, but I know thats just incredibly stupid and dangerous.

It's not corgi anymore, gas safe register. An issue of a riddor report is necessary,

I'm qualified gas engineer, electrical and ac engineer. This is just poor workmanship. Claim for compensation for inconvienience also.

:thumbdown:

Did they issue with a certificate when they completed the works, and are they registered under the Part P competent persons scheme? If not, then you could report the matter with photos to Ofgem, Corgi and Trading Standards.

They should not have a license to operate if that is what they leave behind. A Live ring main left taped up and in the roof space!

Not part P qualified myself, but I know thats just incredibly stupid and dangerous.

+1. Very poor show from such an established company. Seems everyone is getting the poo-ey end of the stick for customer satisfaction these days.

We went with a big firm because we are new to the area,and didnt know any local trades people that could do it. We thought,if its a big company,itl be done right,and the customer service will be good!

What a joke!

always a good idea even when your new is go knock on some neighbours doors and ask for some recommendations. good way to meet people and word of mouth is generally good.

as for the workmanship that sucks.

i used to fit AC and that would be a sackable offense leaving crap work like that