|Japspeed K2 exhaust

Alanr

Hi

This is my first time on this forum.

My uk 350Z exhaust back box is in need of replacing.

I am thinking of buying a K2 Japspeed exhaust. (£349)

Will this be legal, could I come across any problems.

Basically I just want to replace with a stainless system, I'm not looking for extra performance or better sound just a straight swap.

Alternately, any known suppliers that sell stock replacements at good price in the UK.

Nissan dealers are very expensive quoting. (around £750 unfitted plus vat)

Thanks

Alan

Hi

Basically I just want to replace with a stainless system, I'm not looking for extra performance or better sound just a straight swap.

Alternately, any known suppliers that sell stock replacements at good price in the UK.

Thanks

Alan

Its legal, The only problem might be a bad fit but i think that was 1 batch only. It will sound better though.

If you want to stick to standard give Zmanalex a shout.

:thumbs:

K2 is definitely legal and you won't have any troubles with it what so ever. The K2 is similar to stock until you get above about 4k revs then it makes a good noise!! :teeth:

If you are after a stock UK exhuast then try R35LEE or ZMANALEX. The JDM exhuast is quieter than UK so if going for stock then make sure its a UK one.

I had a K2 fitted a couple of weeks ago, I was a bit dubious after hearing about fitment issues but luckily no problems for me :thumbs: Can't compare to UK Stock though as I went from a JDM box to this, which meant big difference :lol:

hmmmm, think i will get a shock going from a standard JDM to a K1? :scare:

hey Z fanatic, how much do you want for the K1?? Pm me the details plz

Cheers

ummm, sorry mate, Z Fanatic is Neilp, name is above.

i already bought it. sorry

lol i bet you said that with a smug grin on your face :lol:

This is a busy forum, thats great lot's of info, glad I joined.

Well I'm thinking Oem or K2, from the comments I think K1 would upset the neighbours.

Don't think I'd be pushing 4K over the speed bumps down my little street so guess the K2

might be ok.

Is the K2 just bolt on and go?

Cheers guys

Alan

sorry i forgot to say :welcome:

so...

:welcome: to the forum

as far as i am aware the k2 is and easy fit, as mentioned before there was a batch which needed some tweeking as they didnt sit right, but is sorted now i believe. k2 is best if you dont want to upset the neighbours.

i went for the k1 as its a good price and my neighbours really wont care, in fact, one of them will be fitting it for me :D

Hi

Thanks

Alan

It sounds to me like a blueflame performance exhaust would be ideal for you. About £450-500 and includes a new Y-pipe too. The sound is very similar to stock, very slightly more bassy below 2000rpm but normal above that. Just make sure you get the version with the silenced mid-pipe if you want it quiet (you have to specify when ordering).

Bodyboarder actually has a virtually new one for sale at the moment (see For Sale section) and that has the silenced mid pipe, although he has a spare un-silenced mid pipe too. You buy the exhaust and I'll buy the unsilenced mid-pipe and everyone's happy! :lol:;)

I have exactly the same query around a replacement. My rear silencer has just failed MOT and looking around the original is going to cost just as much as a new performance mid section and back box! (that is my excuse to the wife anyway!)

however - if i'm going to get a performance exhaust i feel like i should get a little more rumble out of it but not sure if the K1 is just going to be too much?

Or in other words - is the K2 different enough from the standard??

Hi and welcome to the forum. I think I can safely say that any of the aftermarket exhausts will give you more of a rumble some more than others. I set car alarms off. :lol:

Depending on where you live a member will let you have a listen to anything you fancy. You can also get a standard back box second hand on here for very little money, most members change them.

Stick a post in the intor section so we can say Hi. :)