Cars in for repair UPDATE cars back and its poo

player2301

The te has come I'm at work and the missis is just going to pick the car up!!!

I want to finish early lol.

I hope they have done a good job as it's raining I can't inspect it till the sun is out :blink:

so I hope it's mint

I will get some pics up when I can

I hope the missis don't pop to asda on the way home or I'll have to book it straight in again :rant:

got the car and guess what gotta go back they have broke the rear light :scare::rant:

GetAttachment1aspx.jpg

And the armour guard is already coming off after two days wohoooo the joys !!!! :rant::angry::rant:

GetAttachmentaspx-2.jpg

GetAttachment2aspx.jpg

At least the mopping looks ok from what i can make out in the wet :headhurt:

IMG_0051.jpg

Sorry bout quality iphone pics :wacko:

yep gotta take it in monday coming as there shut all this week..They said they will fix the back light and call in the chap from wrexham to re fit the armour guard or the not so armour guard lol :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Im not angry at all though its not like ive been waiting a month for my car !!! :angry::rant::rant::rant::rant::angry::angry::angry:

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE !!!

Car went back monday gone and they repaired the rear light !!!ONE down lol

They went over the car again with the mop to get rid of some of the polishing scratches they had made !!! Still crap !!!!!

Gotta call bloke about armour guard cause he is busy all week!! Called him and he asked if i can meet him next week half way to wocester where he is from so he can see what the problem is !!!

So i come to wash and wax car today and notice all over the car is thousands of little white circles like the paint has gone funny so its gotta go back monday coming to be mopped all over again !!!!

MAN im even more angry now :rant::angry: Im gonna lose it soon !!! :bangin::blackeye::bang::evil:

UPDATE !!!

Car went back monday gone and they repaired the rear light !!!ONE down lol

They went over the car again with the mop to get rid of some of the polishing scratches they had made !!! Still crap !!!!!

Gotta call bloke about armour guard cause he is busy all week!! Called him and he asked if i can meet him next week half way to wocester where he is from so he can see what the problem is !!!

So i come to wash and wax car today and notice all over the car is thousands of little white circles like the paint has gone funny so its gotta go back monday coming to be mopped all over again !!!!

MAN im even more angry now :rant::angry: Im gonna lose it soon !!! :bangin::blackeye::bang::evil:

sounds like buffer trails. does it look kinda hologramy in the sun? Doesnt sound like the guy know what he is doing TBH. He should have used something less abbrive to finish off with. Also if he called it a "mop" he was more likely to use something like a power cut.

I would be very careful asking them to just keep mopping the car as they are eating away at the laquer. A mop will not make the paintwork look 100%. Bodyshops are not detailers and thus they only get the paintwork shiny but no more. Its easy to make it shiny with a compound to get rid of any crap in the surface but then shine it up.

Personally I would never use a bodyshop for 'mopping' I would always go to a detailer. £ for £ your car would look much better with the work a detailer will do. Even if they don't 'mop' it as much as a bodyshop does due to knowing what they do the end product would probably end up better. Give a detailer a decent ££ and the outcome will blow virtually all bodyshops out the water.

Was the quote split out or did you just get a "this will cost xx" if you got it broken down then IMO I would ask for a refund and just go else where.