Just been quoted £200 for a duplicate key :(

cerealuk

There is cutting involved.

So if you can get these cheap enough on ebay and you dont mind the £45 fee you are well on your way :thumbs:

Coding i believe is a tricky bugger, and if you pay nissan the 45 to do it, they should be able to do it perfectly and any problems they will (should sort out) for you.

:thumbs:

roger that! i shall go down that route then :)

cheers for the help

There is cutting involved.

So if you can get these cheap enough on ebay and you dont mind the £45 fee you are well on your way :thumbs:

Coding i believe is a tricky bugger, and if you pay nissan the 45 to do it, they should be able to do it perfectly and any problems they will (should sort out) for you.

:thumbs:

in the same boat as you!

already bought the fob from ebay, went to dealers today and they wanted to charge me £120 for the blade

told them i will think about it and come back next week

went home and ordered a blank blade from ebay for £7 :D

will the instructions above programme the key? or does it have to be done by the dealers first?

got my blade and got it cut from local for £9.50

tried this and....fails lol

tried it quite a few times and it does not work

has anyone actually got this to work? is this for uk or does it not matter?

I believe that is the UK guide.

It seems that success with programming keys is very limited, does your new fob not work or is it the key in the ignition? Or both?

I remember someone got the fob to work but not the blade so ended up swapping the blade over. Obviously this is not an improvement over what most people start with.

Just for reference. Purchased a uncut key + fob off ebay for £20 + £2 postage in the end. Very quick turnaround. The auction says buy it now £27 but i put in a best offer of £20 and got it :) Off to pay nissan £45 to cut and code

He has a few for sale if anyone needs one.

Item number: 190394116920 :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I guess that's not too bad.

Do you have to leave your key with them for a period of time? I only have one key so if they need to keep it I won't be able to get home!

My local Nissan dealers have been useless for me. I wonder how much they will quote when I phone...

Still wish I could confidently trust the programme guide on here, but it seems to not work for the majority.

well this is where it gets intetesting.. Apparently if all goes to plan its a 20min job.. if the fob is bad (As they seem to think they can only be programmed once then are no good) then trying to attach it to the car will kill the car for 2-3 hours until it resets and they can reattach the original fob to it.

if that made sense :)

Going to do mine in 2 weeks time during half term as the missus can give me a lift to work if the later happens

For those who've bought keys and had problems... Check if there's a transponder chip inside!

I've bought 2 now and neither has had a chip inside so it looks like there's 2 different types that look identical! One guy selling on eBay actually mentions keys with chips are rare.

i had a ford, i only had one key which was annoying. i asked fords:- £230 :scare:

took it to a local key cutting/programming place. he cut me a new key and programmed it in about 10mins. worked a treat.

this was the key with no buttons, which would manually unlock/lock the car and also start it.

the ones with buttons would have been £100.

i would say ask in ure local cutting/programming place and see what they say.

The plot thickens... Having spent the morning locking myself in and out the car with no functioning fob :scare:

I've now got hold of the correct type of key (Siemens 954501a on the PCB) and can get through the registration procedure. You have to be fast with those key turns and the indicator dash lights don't appear because the ignition is off - so listen for the relay clicks.

But although I can re-register my original and the new fob, I can only lock the car with the new one... It won't unlock or disable the immobiliser. Anyone else got this far? :wacko: