Plenum Spacer

cookiemonster

Hey Dan.

I have a good friend who owns some good laser and water cutting tools for alloys who will be making me some 5/16th" spacers probably ready around September. I've not got prices confirmed yet but I'm hoping for around £100, making it much cheaper than the Motordyne.

If you're in no rush I'll be getting a list of members who want them and getting a limited batch run off cheap.

£200 still seems really steep for what is effectively a glorified gasket :lol:

They don't often come up second hand, but have you looked on eBay?

iam also interested in a plenum spacer and can wait till later in the year, one queston though will it need a remap?

Kev

The spacer can go on without a remap but you wont see any gains from it, it will just mean the air will flow more freely through the plenum. The remap would be recommended though, if not its pretty pointless modifying the engine at all.

I've not fitted one myself yet, but I heard you should see some mid-range torque improvements even without a rempa - could be wrong though. Even without a remap it allows better airflow over the front two cylinders, longer spark plug life, potentially better mpg and more power one a remap...

Can't wait!

have a chat with chilli red, she just ran a group buy at a very reasonable price.

might not be the saving your looking for but will be a quality item.

been doing my research recently and the MD one seems to be the one to get, or the AAM one. but thats a bit more expnsive.

I understand it's out of your budget, but with respect don't get completely hoodwinked by the thought that it's just a glorified gasket. There is quite a bit more to it than that. The bag of screws and washers and bolts are worth quite a lot of money on their own without the other bits and peices.

Sarah :)

yea i saw the group buy but even at £180 i dont think i can creep that high. Motordyne would be my choice but beggers cant be choosers and all that :lol: Thanks though Rich.

i might be able to get the Skunk2 plenum spacer for about £160 but depended on interest.

absolutely sarah i understand that the price reflects the quality, have no arguements there. Just trying to save cash were possible as my first house purchase is almost complete and most funds are heading in that direction.

I never got that email by the way. :)

http://www.g35driver.com/forums/reviews ... acers.html

thats worth a read.

its why i think the MD is good, alot of others are unverified, and it does seem to be that some are not what they advertise.

you may end up with a £100 aluminium gasket which does nothing.

these are researched, tried and tested.

for the sake of £80 it might be worth the punt to go the whole hog for the MD one.

just my 2p worth

absolutely sarah i understand that the price reflects the quality, have no arguements there. Just trying to save cash were possible as my first house purchase is almost complete and most funds are heading in that direction.

I never got that email by the way. :)

By the time I had exchanged pm's with you and him, he had sold it, sorry, I did try :)