New Numberplates!

cfoster

Looking good bud. I have a set very similar, also done by your fair hands I beleive (just before the law change) :thumbs:

We will need some 370z-uk.net show plates at some point I would imagine if you are up for it ;)

I'm sure it was around the time that you couldnt make plates with logos or without the postcode any more without putting the "Show Plate Only" text on it or something - I seem remember it was a bit of a last minute thing at the time? Maybe I remember wrong :blush: I got a pair of normal plates like yours about (without a border) and a set of 350z-uk.com show plates too. :thumbs:

Edit: Careful what you question, the archives hold everything ... :lol:

Wed Oct 22, 2008

Problem is as of Nov 1st its going to be illegal for us (as a supplier) to supply showplates as such, or anything with any logo on them (even if the font is correct) so if a group buy is wanted then we best get to it!!!! Not sure who will need to be contacted to see if I can do them if anyone knows? (admin?)

Chris :)

Chris - indeed forums are dangerous things for storing data!!! Therotically they should be illegal but since this law i've had nothing in the post informing me of this change officially so fook it. Until then i'll carry on as i have been!!

gibby - i have the template on my numberplate software.

JDM are no probs, have plently of 12x6 in stock

Chris :)

Chris - indeed forums are dangerous things for storing data!!! Therotically they should be illegal but since this law i've had nothing in the post informing me of this change officially so fook it. Until then i'll carry on as i have been!!

Thats what I like to hear :teeth: Mine have been on since you first sent them, holding up very well. As are the show plates with the large logos B):thumbs:

Gibby / Chrisjones - no probs at all chaps, i'm working abroad until the 5th May so cant do anything until im back in the UK. If you send us a pm with what your after we can sort it all out and i can just make and send them out on my return next week.

Husky - indeed mate :(

That does look good.

I think it's worth pointing out though as it seems unclear - I'm sure that isn't legal for road use and it might not pass an MOT. From memory it needs to have the name and address of the plate maker printed on it with some sort of number.

If it's intended for show use only then no problem, looks very cool :)

ikarus - its now not legal to have any form of text on the plate bar the suppliers postcode and the BS conformaty of the materials used to produce. I think that main dealers can have the showroom name but main dealers only, not normal car garages. Also only in black. GB/UK etc are allowed but limited. To be totally honest though you'd need a really anal MOT tester to fail on these things! With all plates (show) I sell I do offer a 100% legal on the road pair as well at a heavily discounted price if purchased at the same time!

Carbon came off as I didnt particularly like it (wasnt sure from the start!). Roof and bonnet are still on though!!

Chris

ikarus - its now not legal to have any form of text on the plate bar the suppliers postcode and the BS conformaty of the materials used to produce. I think that main dealers can have the showroom name but main dealers only, not normal car garages. Also only in black. GB/UK etc are allowed but limited. To be totally honest though you'd need a really anal MOT tester to fail on these things! With all plates (show) I sell I do offer a 100% legal on the road pair as well at a heavily discounted price if purchased at the same time!

Carbon came off as I didnt particularly like it (wasnt sure from the start!). Roof and bonnet are still on though!!

Chris

Thanks, I think it was good to clarify. I had an MOT fail on a plate similar to that, that's partly why i posted, the car failed ONLY on the small print of the plate - i was happy :angry:

Glad to hear there's still some carbon on for all your troubles!