UPS Collection & Delivery: Advise

Anubis

I've sold my BBS alloys and have arranged collection for tomorrow morning. Plonked all the details in, wrapped them up as required and got the ref number from the UPS site to confirm.

The only thing is; I haven't put any payment details into the site since nothing was requested from me. I just set "Payment by card" and nothing mentioned putting my card details into the site (strange?!)

Any who...

I phoned up UPS customer services just now to speak to a foreigner and all I asked was "can I pay now. I have a ref number" and she proceeded to try and rebook everything (god knows why) and then stated even more cash was required than my official UPS receipt I printed out for collection! :bang::bang:

No matter how many times I kept saying "No...nothing has changed, I have already arranged collection how do I pay" this plonker insisted that the price has gone up, bla bla bla (just checked now using my ref ID and its remained the same). :bang:

Does anyone know how I pay UPS? I won't be there to hand over to the delivery chap and the person at home won't have any way of paying the delivery guy. I'm sure people have done this themselves before.

Why are they making a simple task so complex?! :thumbdown:

I havent done it this way around before, but when I have stuff come in from the States, they just invoice you and then you can pay via internet banking to their bank account or by cheque etc. I would say phone and ask, but we see where that has got you already :bang:

I have been fine with UPS, sent a few broken xboxs by them etc... but..BUT! i have had a few friends who have lost Xboxs as they dont give you a POC (Proof of collection,) even if you ask for one the driver often says they cant give you anything you sign electronically that you have but you have nothing phyiscal so i have had 2 friends who both had a massive fight with MS about it...

However as always that said they are still a huge shipping company so they cant be that bad... and as i said my personal experiance has been good.