Decat/Race Cat Question.

Tricky-Ricky

I am considering fitting one of these two choices rather than the headers that i have, what i would like to ask those who have gone the decat route, apart from the extra noise, has anyone got through an MOT with them fitted? obviously it would have to be a JDM model that was originally tested on the higher emissions rating and has the cheaper tax bracket.

Also how have you quietened things down if you have a dual aftermarket system? and how much quieter are race cats with a full dual system?

if yo have the cash for the combo (the ARTs aare quite expensive) check out the ARt pipes from motordyne paired up with an XYZ pipe with cat combo. mean to give the most power and stays MOT Ok plus the cat is only held in by v bands so could be swapped out of "off road " use easily. Abbey sell the lot as they deal with motorydne now .

i run HFC's and passed MOT ok, it failed the stricter first test, but when left to run for a while it passed the second test so all good :thumbs:

If your true dual exhaust, then i'd say HFC's as it would be a pain to change the pipes out every time for MOT.

i think abbey said the difference is something like 5bhp at the top end.