Oil Cooler size for FI'd Z?

Cookbot

The Mocal coolers come in a variety of sizes but which is the correct amount of rows to have? 10, 13, 16, 19 or 25? they're all 235mm long. Cooler is better, but there must be a realistic limit to what size will work well.

Not got much time to be doing the whole FI thing for the next 6 weeks so just want to fit easy quickish bits and collect the bits I need.

Thanks, Cookie

I'd recommend a thermostatic sandwich plate as well. In our climate it's probably not a great idea to be cooling oil until it reaches working temp.

This will be a must in our climate to help get oil temps up when the engine is cold.

I would go for at least a 19 row cooler like most tuners in the states and even RJN here in the UK and use the thermostatic sandwich plate to divert the oil when temp still low ;)

It just gives you extra insurance especially if you plan to track the zed.

My friend in france how races his zed and a Ring regular recorded temps of 140c after a few laps while water temps was never above 95c! After he fitted a 25 row setrab cooler he constantly runs 105c max :thumbs:

I'm sure Wookie knows :)

They should be available anywhere that you can get the Mocal cooler itself. I got mine from a bloke on eBay, but there are numerous places that do them.

As for the size of cooler, there's obviously no harm in going larger - just make sure it will fit behind your bumper! I'm happy that 13 row will be sufficient for my application - I'm mounting an oil temp gauge to ensure I don't push it too hard.