DrivenImage // hybridimports

buds

http://www.drivenimage.co.uk

Found this dealer through autotrader, and they are now trying to find a Z to my spec. If they can they want a £500 deposit and thats it. I dont pay another penny until i see car landed in uk, and am happy with it.

Seems like a very fair way of doing business and the owner, Craig, seemed a very friendly, knowledgeable chap.

Basically just wondered if anyone had heard anything good or bad about them?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.hybridimports.co.uk/

These guys have a nice landed import for what seems like good money. Same spec as i want, but not so impressed on the phone.

Again anyone heard anything good or bad re these guys?

Many thanks :D

Btw if you get bored of my incessant questions re: Dealers, please tell me! :p

Hi Mate

I bought a GTO - I know I know WASH my mouth out - through an importer and I dic the same thing. Paid £500 up front and then we corresponded via email for quite a long time looking at cars for auction in Japan until the right one ropped. He then impoerted it and i only paid if it was what he and the auction sheet said it was.

Good fun but long winded. Took almost 6 months in total. Thats good driving time.

I was willing this time to pay a little more and see some 'landed' cars.

I have no experience of either firm that you mention but the firm I used turned out to provide good service.

I spoke to someone today who bought a 4x4 from them and he had a slight heating problem and for very little money they did good work AND sorted the problem.

Hope this helps

Ming the satisfied

I imported my legnum from japland myself. If you're trying to save money buying an import, you might as well do the whole thing yourself, rather than pay a middle man for doing very little.

As the Ming says, it's long winded - I also took about 6 months to get the car I wanted, but good fun. Car was certainly a lot better than the tat I'd seen on importer/dealer forecourts here in the uk.