Fitting Bilstein PSS10s - Now sorted, hopefully!

Wookiee22

As the topic suggests, am in the process of fitting a new set of coilovers. The instructions are not particularly clear and I'm unable to find a guide online that clearly shows what I'm after.

What I have is this:

DSC00113.jpg

Which is a new rear spring, along with the new top assembly (to adjust spring height - picture upside down :blush: ) and the original rubber mounts from the old spring - the cone shape from the top and the flatter one from the bottom.

My questions!

- The flat circular rubber 'washer' (the shiny new one in the picture). Where does it go?

- The cone shaped rubber mount is junked, does the metal plate from the support mate right up to the car body without anything between?

- The other rubber mount (the bottom one), is that retained? It's a perfect fit for the new spring so I'm assuming so.

Any help would be much appreciated!

As the topic suggests, am in the process of fitting a new set of coilovers. The instructions are not particularly clear and I'm unable to find a guide online that clearly shows what I'm after.

What I have is this:

DSC00113.jpg

Which is a new rear spring, along with the new top assembly (to adjust spring height - picture upside down :blush: ) and the original rubber mounts from the old spring - the cone shape from the top and the flatter one from the bottom.

My questions!

- The flat circular rubber 'washer' (the shiny new one in the picture). Where does it go? That goes above the top assembley, there should be a hole in the top assembley and the rubber cut out, you need to put a nut and bolt through that and into the chassis. When you take off the stock spring youll see 2 holes

- The cone shaped rubber mount is junked, does the metal plate from the support mate right up to the car body without anything between? correct, apart from that rubber in question 1

- The other rubber mount (the bottom one), is that retained? It's a perfect fit for the new spring so I'm assuming so. yes you need to keep this and fit it to the bottom of the spring.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Abit of other advice....make sure both sides are level before you put them on and make sure the bolts are nice and tight on that top rubber pad as mine are slightly loose and make a bit of a racket when going over big dips in the road!

HTH

Front does look low...a few mm up and thats a pretty good stance...there was a guide on here about how to adjust coilovers recently failing that have a look around on google and youtube...you willl find osme useful info.

I think your turning the rears the wrong way

Think I've sorted it!

Must say a big thanks to CS and DCash5 for the assistance last night and this morning.

My error was in the way I'd fitted the OEM top mounts to the new shocks. Managed to get the fronts raised a bit, which has brought the backs down a touch as well. I'm off to get everything bedded in now, then it'll be alignment time!

You have it the wrong way round, the front looks spot on just bring the rear down lower :p:teeth:

Fair one, but I need to be able to get on and off a ferry!

You'll be fine :p

Try getting on or off the ferry this low and with a front lip in-situ :surrender: