Cubby Door + Htg Controls + Gauge Removal

Cheesypuff

Does anyone have experience of removing the cubby door, heating controls and gauge pod from the centre console? I've looked through the guides for console removal and theyre very good but they stop short of detailing how to do this once the centre console is out, unless Ive missed something?

Im thinking of getting the console flocked for which I think I would need all these removed.

Simples :)

Heater controls - pull up on the surround by the gear tsick surround & they lift up, then remove the ribbon cable & theres a few screws on the back :)

3 Gauges - Once the heater controls are out there are 2 screws at the bottom of the console - remove these, remove the 2 screws under the rubber mat in the centre cubby & lift out - then you need a small flat blade to unclip the gauges & you can remove the whole centre console - gauges just have a few screws holding them in.

Cubby door - There is a screw either side of the cubby that holds a mechanism in, remove the screws, remove the springs & unclip the door

:thumbs:

Cubby door - There is a screw either side of the cubby that holds a mechanism in, remove the screws, remove the springs & unclip the door

Is this the retractable, spring-loaded cubby you're referring to? I have that one but can't work out how to remove the door for painting it.

Is this the retractable, spring-loaded cubby you're referring to? I have that one but can't work out how to remove the door for painting it.

Yeah :)

Yeah :)

Right - I'll get back out tomorrow and have another look at it. Cheers Ian. :thumbs: