Rattling Tailgate - Driving me mad !!

Swooper

Gents,

My car's tailgate has developed a really annoying rattle somewhere on its offside, and it's driving me mad.

I think it must need tightening up on the catch as even locked, you can still push it down a little further.

Does anyone know how to remove the plastic trim at the rear of the boot so that I can get at the catch so that I can adjust it?

Or, is there an easier fix to get rid of the rattle?

Cheers

Do you still have both the plastic plungers on the tailgate that lift it up when you press the tailgate catch? You should have one on each side?

Looks to me like the rear panel trim is just held on with two clips in the middle of the panel and a line off metal clips across the top if you follow me... :thumbs:

If you are going to remove the rear trim on the tailgate i would recommend a trim removal tool so not to damage the plastic clips that hold everything together. Once you take the rear plastic bit apart/off you may aswell remove the heavy weight in the back tailgate.

Less weight, faster car :thumbs:

I used a really wide wood chisel to get under without wrecking it. Theres a row of orange clips around the edge which are frigile, so go easy on them and some metal ones along the back which you can rag out. Took mine off to get to that silly random weight.