Kamikaze Road-Runner. (Update with Pics).

helimeddaz

Eventful journey home.

Got on to last leg of trip from work. Local by-pass, Nice tarmac to terrorise, foot down and out of the undergrowth runs an Armour plated Kamikaze Road-Runner.

Just caught a glimpse of the little b*&^%$D as it disappered under the front of the Z. Then Thud. Felt like a concrete block, not some screwy bird. Got home into some light and there's a crack in the middle section of the lip centre section running front to back. (Along with lots of feathers and Smeg left behind)

Picture to follow too dark, But it's not good (Mega P-*&^%d off).

What to do....?

Call insurance and let them sort it ?(protected no claims)

Sort it myself?

Suggestions.....? :mad:

I just need to find a good nismo n1 front lip for an 58 plate bumper fit.

If any supplier on the forum has 1 please pm me. I've tried this before I had a crack in it. The crack is right in the corner where the chin meet the main part of the bumper. Hope I have better luck. Need 1 now. :please:

(SOoooooooo Pi*&^d off I can't believe it) :console:

Too Feckin right... :scare:

Spent ages pullin all the crap out of the crack. Can't believe where it's gone. Dead straight hairline crack and half the little git went through it. Arse & feet outside and head and body through the crack. just friggin charmin.

Don't know why it didn't just fly. Any other bird would have, but No this crazy B*&^%$d thought I know I'll av a bit of a jog tonight, tone mi legs up a bit and av a bit of a dust up with Daz's pride and joy. Cos am ard me!

We'll it was ard'ish.

I'll post some pics in mornin. Knackered and gutted... Off to bed to sleep. Might feel better after a kip. Although I doubt it :wave:

Nice tarmac to terrorise,

:surrender:

Feel for you dude.... If you go through insurance I bet you will have a hefty excess to pay,..

I'd get some quotes and sort it myself personally.... Damage is repairable

Good luck dude :thumbs:

Done a bit of checking. One of the people I've used in the past. Does plastic welding. Used this lad before to sort a little wheel ding. Top job.

Also does Dash repairs, Upholstery, Dents and scratches. Good bloke to know.

He's coming to do it on Thursday while I'm at work. I'll take some after shots, so you can see the result. :thumbs:

Went to work today with a mate and left the Z at home for some TLC by Steve from S.P.F.

After my close encounter of the Armour Plated Feathered kind my front bumper was poorly and some other horrors were hidden beneath by the sound of all the rattling behind the bumper. You can see from the damage pics what had happened, but the bird was as tough as a Turkey cooked from Xmas Day to New Years Eve.

Before it's Star Trek like shields failed, it had penetrated the outer skin and demolished the protective guard behind it, smashing it in to 2 pieces. Leaving it's Arse, Legs and feet sticking out through the crack.

Cracked right to the back....

DSC_0477.jpg

Steve had to take off the Bumper, clean the damaged surfaces and plastic weld the outer skin. He cleaned out all the bits of plastic, I've only managed to find 2 pieces that fit together and I don't know what it was. (If you do let me know). Along with the plastic, was what was left of it's head and thorax (Couldn't find the git's crash helmet). He then prepared the repaired surface, Colour matched the Paint (Not easy with this colour), blew in the match and laquered it. He then refitted the bumper. Job done.

Honestly, and you can see from the pics, I can't see the damage or the join. Its a perfect repair. I can't praise this guy or his skill enough. The man's a magician. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Bumper Off.....

IMG_0053.jpg

Bumper Fixed and back on...

DSC_0207.jpg

Don't know what this part was or did....

DSC_0215.jpg

Top Job, I'm so pleased with it, back the way it was.

If you need a fix on your Z in the Yorkshire area and no one else can help, Give this lad a call.

Steve Parsley is his name..

His Company is S.P.F. Tel:-07894 912432.

:thumbs: Paintwork.

:thumbs: Bumper Scuffs and Repairs.

:thumbs: Alloy Wheels.

:thumbs: Dashboards.

:thumbs: Machine Polishing.

:thumbs: Leather Repairs.

:thumbs: Velour Repairs.

I would highly recommend his services to anyone Z owner or not.

Hope you enjoyed my write-up

Daz. :teeth: