Fitting a Reversing Camera

ToffeeZ

...but wont you be plugging it into your head unit? I just took a live feed from there... then its on all the time.

This is what i'm looking to do... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Night-Vision-Rear ... 2a060b270e

Yep, virtually the same as mine. You get 5 meters of cable with this, so you can run the power from anywhere - it doesnt have to be the reverse light. :)

...but wont you be plugging it into your head unit? I just took a live feed from there... then its on all the time.

This is what i'm looking to do... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Night-Vision-Rear ... 2a060b270e

Yep, virtually the same as mine. You get 5 meters of cable with this, so you can run the power from anywhere - it doesnt have to be the reverse light. :)

Sorry this is the one i bought...http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Car-Rear-View-Rev ... 2306530d09

It only has a short lenth of cable (1.5 metres)

i pulled out the main cluster to reach in and splice the smaller cluster wiht the reverse bulb in it.

once your spliced just run the wires back to the camera and one back to the head unit to signal reverse gear along with video feed .

either that or youl be taking of splash guards etc and going in form underneath.

i pulled out the main cluster to reach in and splice the smaller cluster wiht the reverse bulb in it.

once your spliced just run the wires back to the camera and one back to the head unit to signal reverse gear along with video feed .

either that or youl be taking of splash guards etc and going in form underneath.

Ive ran the yellow RCA cable and plugged it into the Rear view camera input (video input) but the camera instructions tell me to connect the live to the reversing light loom.(so that it switches the camera on when in reverse) I have a wire on my Kenwood unit called "reverse sensor wire" i will splice that up to the reverse lamp harness also .

Ive ran the yellow RCA cable and plugged it into the Rear view camera input (video input) but the camera instructions tell me to connect the live to the reversing light loom.(so that it switches the camera on when in reverse) I have a wire on my Kenwood unit called "reverse sensor wire" i will splice that up to the reverse lamp harness also .

yes conenct the wire on your head unit to the reverse lamp too or do as buster siad and wire it to a switched live. i was going to do that but figured if i had to push the switch everytime id not bother using it !

Why have none of you wired it so that its on permanently?? Mine is just on, and then when i want to view it, i just change inputs on the head unit. No big deal at all :shrug: That way i dont have to be in reverse every time i want to show somebody. :blush:

Why have none of you wired it so that its on permanently?? Mine is just on, and then when i want to view it, i just change inputs on the head unit. No big deal at all :shrug: That way i dont have to be in reverse every time i want to show somebody. :blush:

maybe for live of the camera? I'd go with you anyway :D