350Z wanted

lomoto

I am also looking to buy a 350Z in the near future. However, I am on a pretty tight budget. What sort of price do you think I would be able to pick one up for? I currently own a 1999 Lotus Elise which I am about to put up for sale... once the weather improves!! (Hopefully mean more interest!!)

Guest prescience

Welcome mate :welcome:

If you shop around I think its possible to pick up an older JDM model for around 15k. UK cars probably from about 17k

I'm no expert - so I'll bow to those with greater knowledge :gathering:

Guest prescience

No, not personally. Quite a few guys have imports. Some people get concerned about re-sale value but that doesn't really wash since you get it cheaper in the first place and there are always plenty of guys like yourself on a budget.

You can also get auto option in JDM if that's your bag

There are a few spec differences which I'm sure are listed here or someone I'm sure will chime in later and advise what they are.

:)

350zNismo got his from a chap called Terry Rees, who runs an import car business - very nice bloke - he also does body kits and spoilers (he's doing the Nismo spoiler group buy :) )

He's in Treharris - If 350zNismo doesnt get there first, I'll pm you with his phone number tomorrow - Tell him Eddie sent you :)

Spoke to Terry and he Knows of a 53 plate Auto coupe for £14.500 (on of the ex Nissan managers cars)

In South Wales, Low mileage.

He is prepared to allow us to use his login to the live jap auctions to look at the cars ( and prices) and then break down the how to import step by step if anyone wants to import direct or he charges £500 all in for his company to do it.

I got mine through him for under £19k, 14 month old roadster which I saw go through the auctions and spoke to Terry’s Japanese friend who said it was A1 (he also avoided 2 I liked). They are selling at import dealers for £22k now! (Terry is not a 350Z importer, he will do it but he is into Subaru’s)

Also there is the option of buying ready modified cars, Terry says that its harder to get through SVA in the uk but he has a set of standard wheels and bumpers (change to standard and then change back after the test, so the cars can come ready modified, also this goes for engine mods but he needs help on that.

Also we need to point out the difference on Insurance for UK or Imported cars

I was driving an Audi 1.8 TD insurance £385

I now drive an Imported Roadster £477

The insurance company had no problem as it was an Import

Note you only need to go to special insurance companies if you are buying a modifying car (UK or Import) FACT.

am still toying with the idea of selling mine due to recent arrival of our daughter, but cannot be arsed with the whole autotrader thing.

recently got insulted by a few stealerships so decided to hang on to it but am fooling myself really.

brief spec - 2002 manual JDM, fully sva'd and motd 32k miles JWT popcharger, 18" wheels

pm me if interested or want more of a spec - but I cant go lower than about 17.5k