Honister Pass Pics.

AK350Z

Some nice compositions in there. :thumbs:

A little fill flash and less exposure at the time (or use of HDR in post-processing) would make Number 5 a stunner.

What format is the file in? If RAW things can stil be done................... ;)

No, sorry! All done on my Cannon A570 in auto mode. If i let it do it's auto metering thing pointing at a darker part of the scene first, I get pics like this though:

IMG_1740.jpg

Didn't put it in with the first lot, as I thought it was a bit dark.

Also, as Colin has filled in for me, a lowered Zed is impossible round here, so standard it stays. :thumbs:

You're compositional sense is too good for that camera. :thumbs: It can take nice photos but I would say you are better than that looking at the above snaps.

Look on e-bay for any second hand Canon or Nikon DSLR and upgrade. I've got a Nikon D200 which cost £350. Here's a completely MINT one for £425:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NIKON-D200-DSLR-c ... 1e5b4987c8

The photo above is MUCH better than the original one you posted as you can turn it in to this:

IMG_1740-1.jpg

Just 10 minutes fiddling with exposure and white balance and some cropping and voila!

I could make it REALLY nice if you send me the original full-size file as it's a brilliant photo. ;)

Wow, very impressive captain. That pic looks like it belongs on a brochure. I would love to get some pics like that B)

Thank AK350Z for the piccie and the geniuses who make Photoshop CS3.

Like I said, there are some really good photos above that just need a little tweaking. :thumbs:

Wow, very impressive captain. That pic looks like it belongs on a brochure. I would love to get some pics like that B)

Thank AK350Z for the piccie and the geniuses who make Photoshop CS3.

Like I said, there are some really good photos above that just need a little tweaking. :thumbs:

Cheers mate :thumbs: Nice work on that pic! If I had a few hundred quid burning a hole in my pocket (which I sadly don't) I might consider a better camera, but I'd have to learn how to use it and all the post production stuff too :wacko: Feel free to tweak any others you fancy! :lol:

Thats a nast trick Andrew, missing out the scary bits

You mean the big drops Martin? I find it's best seen from the via ferrata walk. ;)

OP has sent me some originals to tweak so here's one. I've gone "extreme" with Photomatix 3.1 but it doesn't have to be quite so full on.

Like I said above, real credit goes to OP with great camera work and a really beautiful 350Z and a great location.

Before:

IMG_1736.jpg

After:

Photomatix.jpg

Nice pics. B) We've been on the Honister pass first thing after we've got the Zed. Really nice drive in any car, in the zed it's even better.

In fact the Lakes should be on the compulsory "to do" list of any zed owner...