Complete T*t

hoffs350z

I can only assume it has an automatic lock after being left for so long. I unlocked the central locking, opened the boot, then slammed it shut. left the car for a while then returned. I didn't open the doors at any point. I wouldnt expect the car to lock itself but there you go.

Keys aren't anywhere so gonna have to get a locksmith out. Just hope the keys are in the boot and some little thug hasn't picked them up off the ground.

Not in the AA but they want £250.00 up front.

Locksmith is around £100 plus vat.

The spare isn't in the house so must be in the compartment behind the seat.

Complete dick I am

im in guys, text removed by moderator

Keys were in the boot after all......if this is a new feature on new models (mine is june 07) a little warning to you all - don't be a dick like me.

EDIT removed text as perhaps not best to publicise how to get in to a zed

M13KYF

glad you sorted it mate :thumbs: i once shut my door with the keys in the ignition while cleaning under the engine bay and you'l hear a dull bleep come on after a very short time and the car locked its self!! luckily iv got a spare key and another full red master key so wasnt a problem

i just unlucked my car this morning and the 30 second re-lock itself thigy from the immobiliser still locked itself with the boot open. it bleeped a bit and i thought the alarm was gonna go off, but i didnt, and the car was locked.

strange

gonna make me very careful about keys in the boot.

i don't think there is, but is there a button inside the cabin to open the boot on the z's?

I don't think there is. This is really weird that your car is locked as they shouldn't lock themselves!! :shrug:

Not sure about the coupe but I don't know how to open the boot from inside the roadster.

Its in a little cut out on the underside of the rear strut,like a little handle mate

On the roadster it's in the glovebox behind a plastic cover - the handbook shows this being removed using a key :lol::lol:

I was thinking about asking why people leave the spare key in the car, but then I remembered once I left the keys in the ignition, car on the drive for 24 hours so shouldn't really comment :blush:

The funniest one EVER was a guy from work who left his car at York train station and went to London on the train. On the way back, he could not find his car keys anywhere and was phoning the office in London in case he'd left them there, panicking etc etc. When he got to his car in the station car park not only were the keys in the ignition but the ENGINE was RUNNING! :doh: