Collinite Hard to Buff off?

Rubber

I've heard a lot of people swear by collinite. I normally use Meguiras Tech Wax on my car but find it only lasts for 5 - 6 weeks. I've heard that Collinite is one of the harder wearing waxes.

I bought a pot of Collinite 915 for my Dad as he just got a new silver Audi A5 and we thought we'd give it some protection. We put it on a bit thick at first and found it very difficult to take off. On the subsequent panels we used much less but it was still very difiicult to take off compared to any other waxes I have used. It took the two of us 1.5 hours to do the whole car! If the wax lasts 6 months then it wil easily have been worth it but it was a hard slog.

We lest the wax for 5 minutes on each panel until it was dry to the touch but it was very diificult to buff off - is this normal?

Whats the durability of the 476s like? I might get a pot of that for my car and give it a go...

What do you mean by keeping it warm? Do you heat it up on the radiator before you put it one or something? Bear in mind I am in Aberdeen so more likely than not it will be cold when I am applying it!!!

Great durability, lasts a long time. By keeping it warm I mean don't let it get cold (if that makes sense?!) Meaning if it is cold out then it might even be less than a panel before buffing. But I would just keep the wax inside rather than in the garage at this time of year if planning on using it now. :)

I've heard a lot of people swear by collinite. I normally use Meguiras Tech Wax on my car but find it only lasts for 5 - 6 weeks. I've heard that Collinite is one of the harder wearing waxes.

I bought a pot of Collinite 915 for my Dad as he just got a new silver Audi A5 and we thought we'd give it some protection. We put it on a bit thick at first and found it very difficult to take off. On the subsequent panels we used much less but it was still very difiicult to take off compared to any other waxes I have used. It took the two of us 1.5 hours to do the whole car! If the wax lasts 6 months then it wil easily have been worth it but it was a hard slog.

We lest the wax for 5 minutes on each panel until it was dry to the touch but it was very diificult to buff off - is this normal?

Yep, It's rock hard! Does last for ages though, so well worth the effort. Careful not to go too stong on the paint though, and constant turning of the cloth works well too.

I heat it up for a bit on the radiator before using. I use a microfibre aplicator so i find when its warm its eaiser to do thin layers. I do 2 panels at a time. I apply on one, then apply on the next then wipe off when hazed, then apply onto another panel then wipe off the second panel.