Tyre Choice

ToffeeZ

If only we had a tyre comparison/review thread of our own on this forum, where members who had used the tyres could post up about their experiences...

why dan i think we do :lol:

its just no one bloody searches on this site and ask the same old questions over and over again, so that we all have to repeat ourselves over and over again.

before anyone asks,

i get about 25 mpg

tyre sizes are 245 45 18 and 225 45 18

it runs best on 98 ron or over

Different cars run better on different tyres. E.g. MPS was at 205/45/16 where made for the 182 and are great tyres for the clio as are the gsd-3's, but the rainsport 2s arent good on the clio. The rainsport 2's are great on 106's though. Also different people like the feel of different tyres.

• 2 weeks later...

For what it's worth I changed from the standard Bridgestone to the Falken 452s and they made the ride much quieter / comfortable / wearing very well and handle excellently (wet or dry), at the time they were a lot cheaper that the 'stones or MPS equivalent (I think I used Blackcircle with the club discount); however you do have more choice if your model car requires the same tyre sizes front and back.

My previous car had Toyo T1S which were great on an Mx5, but are not readily available for the 350Z at 18" and 225/245 combo and would stick with Falken in future.

Unfortunately, there is no definitive guide and track day drivers or boy racers may have different ideas about what is best or looks coolest. For everyday driving, the Falkens do just fine and were good value.

For price matching, my local companies for checking are Micheldever tyres or Headley Tyres (nr. Newbury), though in recent times Black Circle seem the cheapest.