Selling my custom Sat-Nav £150 Igo8 **SOLD**

nrenz123

Hi guys,

I built a sat nav for the car about 7 or 8 months ago now as i didnt like havnig one stuck to the windscreen. It is basically the same as the ones nurrish does but i have decided to wire mine into the passenger footwell 12v socket. The power is soldered directly onto the board with the 12v adapter being routed down the insde of the centre console to the 12v socket.

The reason i am selling it is that im going to be building a full car pc so i wont be needing this any longer.

Points to note.

I will be selling the hardware for the sat nav only, i need to keep hold of the cubby to fit my new screen into. So to fit it you will need to buy the GPS cubby and mount the nav to it yourself (i just used a glue gun)

The nav will come with a spare touch screen, spare battery, usb lead, 2gb card , external GPS antenna (soldered onto board) 12v power lead (soldered onto board). I currently have iGO 8 installed with UK maps but i can give details as to where you can get updates etc.

The video below gives an idea of the unit, which runs windows CE 5.0 i havent gone through all of the menus as there are too many. The current software is MIO Pocket 3 which basically gives a simple windows interface with a load of other bits of software. However i can return the unit to the software it was bought with, which does get to the nav software quite a lot faster it doesnt offer the added applications or functionality that Mio Pocket does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc4rqqWTXaA gives a good idea of the software installed.

http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o180 ... EO0077.flv is a link to my actual GPS taken about 20 mins ago.

The device supports audio transmission over the in built FM transmitter however, quality is acceptable but not perfect. It is possible to rewire it so that you could connect it to your amp/stereo but that will require some soldering. There is also an on board speaker it is quite quiet but loud enough to hear while driving.

I'm looking in the region of £150 for it.

Nath

P.S any questions feel free to ask :)

Hi Nath,

I am interested but a few questions 1st:

What is the make and model of the pda/device you have used for this?

When you say power and antenna soldered on the board, do you mean some some sort of a jury rigged breadboard you put together?

How is it powered on and off, via a switch on the pda itself or is an external switch and if so where is it located?

thanks,

Mike

Hi Nath,

Is this still for sale , if so I am interested but a few questions 1st:

What is the make and model of the pda/device you have used for this?

When you say power and antenna soldered on the board, do you mean some some sort of a jury rigged breadboard you put together?

How is it powered on and off, via a switch on the pda itself or is an external switch and if so where is it located?

thanks,

Mike

Thanks for your reply Mike,

It is still for sale yes, it is still fitted into my car and im using it day to day.

The gps unit was a generic portable hand held unit i imported from china. i dont have the make and model for it sorry :S

Regarding the power and GPS being soldered directly onto the Device. where the standrard gps receiver was connected the new external one has been soldered. The power is soldered directly onto the ac power jack where you would normally attach the power plug.

It comes on with the ignition, but there is a switch which i mounted in front of the screen to turn it off if im not using it, this is soldered onto the device where the original on off switch is.

Nath.