Encolsures

jacr87

Click linky &

There are no items in your shopping cart.

:wacko:

Try this

http://www.zenclosures.com/ProductDetai ... 0&CartID=1

B) what l volume would that be?

Mounting depth - 7.00" (Based on a 6.125" diameter magnet.) Most subs 7" deep or less will fit.

Mounting diameter - 9 1/8"

Airspace Volume- 0.75ft^3 !

Material- 0.75" MDF

Covering- Automotive Carpet

Wire Terminal- Located on Side

0.75 (feet^3) = 21.2376349 liter

Thats what it states buddy. Im new to his sort of thing do you think that would be incorrect?

well if thats what it states then thats what it is...find out if that would be good enough for the 10" element you plan on using. It's a closed box? (think so) so you'd need smaller internal area but it will not be able to play as loud. I really like the look of that and you could even then stick the AMP on the backside of it facing frontwards. My sub I'm looking to get is a 10" that would be best suited with this:

Box Pipe: 19 Litre Port 1st D=70mm L=250mm

Box Enclosed: 18 Litre

What type of element ar eyou looking at? best to talk to the manufactor for the correct size box really... Never used a pre fab box before always got drawings from the place I bought the element from and took it to a carpenter to manufacture for me. :bounce:

Thats what it states buddy. Im new to his sort of thing do you think that would be incorrect?

well if thats what it states then thats what it is...find out if that would be good enough for the 10" element you plan on using. It's a closed box? (think so) so you'd need smaller internal area but it will not be able to play as loud. I really like the look of that and you could even then stick the AMP on the backside of it facing frontwards. My sub I'm looking to get is a 10" that would be best suited with this:

What type of element ar eyou looking at? best to talk to the manufactor for the correct size box really... Never used a pre fab box before always got drawings from the place I bought the element from and took it to a carpenter to manufacture for me. :bounce:

Im looking to get a Rockford Fosgate P3SD410 or possibly a kicker or a kicker L7. Both 10" although the kicket is a rectangular cut out on the encolsure. The kicker volume minium is 1.25 ft3 (35.4L) + port displacement

2.5 x 11.25†(6.4x29cm) port, 19.75†(50cm) long

Power Handling = 450W RMS

Im looking to get a Rockford Fosgate P3SD410 or possibly a kicker or a kicker L7. Both 10" although the kicket is a rectangular cut out on the encolsure. The kicker volume minium is 1.25 ft3 (35.4L) + port displacement

You need a good bit bigger box for the kicker if they need 35.4l volume! :scare: Looked at the rockford and guessing you are going for a 10" 4ohm one, they suggest 21.2 l for a ported one and it looks to best suit your needs really?

Recommended Applications

Tuning(Fb) System -3dB (F3)

Hz (Qtc) Hz

Sealed: 14.2 0.50 49.7 0.92 50.0 - - - - Thiele-Small Specifications

Ported: 21.2 0.75 46.0 - 35.9 3.0 76.2 12.0 304.8

You need a good bit bigger box for the kicker if they need 35.4l volume! :scare: Looked at the rockford and guessing you are going for a 10" 4ohm one, they suggest 21.2 l for a ported one and it looks to best suit your needs really?

Recommended Applications

Tuning(Fb) System -3dB (F3)

Hz (Qtc) Hz

Sealed: 14.2 0.50 49.7 0.92 50.0 - - - - Thiele-Small Specifications

Ported: 21.2 0.75 46.0 - 35.9 3.0 76.2 12.0 304.8

10" 4 ohm :thumbs: Seem to be perfect as I dont want to loose all boot space.

Do you have any recommendations for an amp?

my recommendations would be coming from Sweden :lol: not sure you want to order one from there. If it's only going to drive the sub you might just want to get a mono block or 2 channel amp that can be bridged into 1 channel. Also you'd need to get either a passive or active filter for the sub, I find the passive ones a bit crap (years ago) so I'd go for one that you can activly set on the amp itself. How much are you looking to spend on the amp?

This one would meet your needs if you only want to drive the SUB:

http://www.mds.se/sv/product/968/MDS-Torque--T1

93_big.jpg

A filter? :shrug:

Would be looking to spend around £200 mark. Would be handy to get that amp for 1599 kronor = £147 .

:scare:

Filter explained: http://www.high-voltage-lab.com/7/low-p ... -subwoofer

In short you dont want the stereo music range 20-20000Hz to go straight to the subwoofer, you want it to ONLY 'hear' 20-100Hz, to do this you can put a filter in front (or in the AMP) of the subwoofer that cuts out the upper range and only passes through the lower range. If you play ALL of the sound to the sub it will sound crappy...

You seem very clued up on this mate. Fancy taking a treck over to scotland and doing it for me. :thumbs::lol:

:lol: NO!

Need to get my finger out of my arse and do it on my own car first, had a look at possibly changing out the battery but looks very hard pushed for space there... do you know any good carpenters in your area? I'd measure (or find a measurement online) for the strutbar width and height then depth it's pretty much flexible really (back or forward) so no need to measure that. With those number approach whoever you decide to buy the element from and tell them you want them to give you a drawing of a box that will fit between the strutbar (and under) if they dont fancy doing that for you... well don't get it there... :thumbs: Once you have drawings of the box you'll need according to your specs and the spec of the element you hand that over to the carpenter and tell him to use MDF (whatever thickness the drawings state)! (I've seen some people using glasfiber to make boxes but not sure how good they are as a material for a box since I've never used it or read up on it). It'll be more expense then you think btw.. it always does :teeth: There seem to be plenty of knowledge here on building stereo stuff for the Z so you'll be well looked after if you need a hand with anything I'd say. you can PM or mail or chat if you need to ask any more Q's since this thread is kinda all over the place now :lol::ban: = me B)

+1 just find a good car audio palce nearby , must be one somewhere close ish and get them to make it and buy the sub from them if you feel you cant make the box yourself.

the under strut is a very simple design , bacialy a box made to the right size for your sub with panels at the front and back to match the struts curve stuck on.

re volume , if your not going ported then as long as its not say 10 litres either side of the spec it wont make much difference.

fiberglass is the prefered material for audio since it cna be made to any shape and strength by just makeing it thicker, also alot lighter. getting an FG box made will be considerably more expensive but makeing one yourself works out about the same since its a cheap material but very labour intenisve vs just cutting some mdf and putting it togther.