Nismo, Custom, Group buys

Ruddles

Sorry to keep posting questions guys, but I have alot to ask! :teeth:

I've heard, read-up and seen (on YouTube) at least that the Nismo cat-back system is pretty much the exhaust choice I'd take. However, does anyone have a custom exhaust build on their Zed (with any sound samples)? If so, how does this differ to the Nismo pre-made system in terms of sound, breathability? (I ask due to my last 'custom-built' system made the car feel sluggish and seemed to drink fuel :headhurt: ). I understand It's not a true-dual system, does this make any difference to the performance at all or is it simply a vocal thing?

Last, but by no means least how often do group buys for the Nismo sytem come around? As I understand you've recently had one last year.

Thanks for any replies regarding the multitude of questions here! :thumbs:

there is a wealth of choice when it comes to exhausts for the Zed, each has its own effect on sound, performance etc. most peoples deciding factor is price.

at the lower end you have things like the K1, K2, Scorpions, Mongoose, and others which i can;t remember then you got more choice up the top end anything from twin can, to true dual, to single exit.

everyone has their preferences, and to be honest a lot of it is down to personal choice.

as for group buys its down to when there is enough interest.

I have a true duel 1 off custom with de-cats and anyone who has heard mine will agree it sounds Great !!!

Coops

p.s if you have a bigish budget and fancy trialing some new titanium goodness pm me ;):thumbs:

I can confirm that. The sound is :evil:

@rtbiscuit - I've scanned any video regarding exhausts for the Zed, last couple of choices were Nismo, Bassani or a custom setup. :headhurt:

Is there no performance/breathability difference in a single /true dual /custom setup (after a remap ofc) then without say starting work on changing the manifold and cats /decat over?

@Coops - Do you have (or can you get) any sound samples of your car, just want to check out the different sounds, as I cannot find for the life of me any custom exhaust sound samples online. :surrender:

My budget is fairly tight as I'm having a holiday in roughly 2 weeks and snowboarding isn't the cheapest of holidays....oh well Can't Wait!! :yahoo: , but once It's over I should be in a pretty good cash flow situation again and would love to pop by trial some 'titanium goodness'! :clap:

p.s. first mods, stubby and spacers? :)

I had a custom exhaust made for my RX8 many years ago.

place called MIJPerformance did it for me, and it was made to the exhaust sound that Id asked for.

As has been said, its down to personal choice.

Get yourself to some local meets and have a listen to what people have :thumbs:

@rtbiscuit - I've scanned any video regarding exhausts for the Zed, last couple of choices were Nismo, Bassani or a custom setup. :headhurt:

Is there no performance/breathability difference in a single /true dual /custom setup (after a remap ofc) then without say starting work on changing the manifold and cats /decat over?

to be honest video clips are great but they are inaccurate. what sounds good on a video can end up sounding earth shatteringly loud and drone like a bitch. defo some good setup choices you picked there, all good options. best way to decide is to get to some meets. your best bet is wales as you'll have the biggest selection in the country to choose from. ;) i run the older Invidia true dual setup. am yet to find out exactly how good it is compared to others. but its all relative. depending on your combination of mods. the abbey dyno sheets are a good starting point, they show the gains with an uprev remap and the mods used.

yes there are difference between exhausts, different bores, different setups, gases mix/don't mix, x pipes/no x pipes, the variations are quite wide.

as said in before its all personal choice. yes their are difference, but what you make in performance, you might sacrifice in noise comfort on long journeys.

custom built does off the opportunity to fine tune it to your own liking. personally if you like the bassani, then look at what carbon coops is running, its a custom build and does sound good.

Yeah I understand sound/video clips are not the best to go off, without having been to a meet and kind of flicking through the tools I have currently don't give the best examples.

For one; a video of the standard Zed exhaust sound in no way compares to hearing it in the flesh..or..steel.. :lol: A smidgen below 2k rpm and it just burbles...mmmmm.... sorry, completely off track here!

I'll have to get myself over to Wales as soon as I can free up the work schedule then ! :clap:

Once I've heard a few, can start deciding my own setup, I'll be looking to spend somewhere in the region of 1000-1500 i would imagine, so depending on wht I hear I may have to go down the custom line!! :evil:

Thanks Coops that gives me an idea, it sounds pretty damn good and looks great in the pics, but as stated video/sound samples don't give you the full experience. I will have to hear it up close sometime! :drive1

I've got plenty of time to do this anyway, but I do like to get everything prepared beforehand if I can!

I'll flag the next Zed that crosses my path!............ ...................

.......... I'm the only one with a Zed in my general area I think! :#1:

Yes, totally understand the sound difference under load, learnt this from being taken out in an Sti by an ex-rally driver!! :scare: