How A $500 Craigslist Car Beat $400K Rally Racers

IanS16

Amazing! Just goes to show that skills are more important than technology.

Would love to see someone take a Lancia Delta into a modern rally race, someone with great ability and see if they could give the current cars a run for their money :lol:

Pretty long story but awesome achievement!!

Who wants to go halves on a 318?? :p

http://jalopnik.com/5497042/how-a-500-c ... lly-racers

he he, I'm sure it was more man hours 'free' in that build though then a 400k racer would have in it. Either way amazing ... I'd go havos on a 318... where do we sign up for the 5 years of rally practice and where do we get all the mechanicall skills? :teeth: I don't do maps so you can read and I'll drive :lol:

Pretty long story but awesome achievement!!

Who wants to go halves on a 318?? :p

http://jalopnik.com/5497042/how-a-500-c ... lly-racers

he he, I'm sure it was more man hours 'free' in that build though then a 400k racer would have in it. Either way amazing ... I'd go havos on a 318... where do we sign up for the 5 years of rally practice and where do we get all the mechanicall skills? :teeth: I don't do maps so you can read and I'll drive :lol:

I was looking into this a few years back, as my brother is quite a talented race driver. I planned on buying a semi decent old race car and hopefully taking part in some events, but never got round to it due to the amount of paper work and start up fee's required.

I'm now re-considering!