Strange noise after MOT

Zugara

did they test the brakes on the brake yoke? (rolls)

Yes they did....... assume they wernt ment too?

hmm you got a LSD on that car so that might knacker it if they do, they should be taking it out for a spin and do a manual brake test... :scare:

Shouldnt they know about LSD's and rolling road brake tests? That would be a great start to my weekend if theyve chuffed it up.

Didnt like the chap doing the MOT, he even wanted to test the roof operation......Didnt know that fell within the MOT guide lines.

Shouldnt they know about LSD's and rolling road brake tests? That would be a great start to my weekend if theyve chuffed it up.

Didnt like the chap doing the MOT, he even wanted to test the roof operation......Didnt know that fell within the MOT guide lines.

would count on it, didnt know when I got mine done... will keep a better eye on them this time and let them know it got an LSD... do you sign anything like a disclaimer or something before they take the car off you? Not sure how you'd check if they knackered something or not either mate.

would count on it, didnt know when I got mine done... will keep a better eye on them this time and let them know it got an LSD... do you sign anything like a disclaimer or something before they take the car off you? Not sure how you'd check if they knackered something or not either mate.

Didnt sign anything, think the MOT monkeys and their apprentices were to interested in looking everywhere in the car, really wound me up thinking some young punk was sitting in my car

revving the nuts out of it for no reason but too hear the sound of the engine. Lost my rag with the owner of the garage who promptly asked the idiot not to rev it so hard....... :bang:

Just been out doing some reversing and it only seems to happen when i reverse up my dropped kerb into my driveway, but nothing on a flat road. Almost sounds like water dripping on the boot, really hard to describe. sorry

I thought the test computer informed them of vehicles with LSD's before they start the test.

yes should do , came up when i got mine done but i still sit like a hawk to make sure. only need to be a short .like end of the car park short to do the brake test.

You sure its not the infamous creaking rear suspension?

........or clicky axle -it is usually most noticable when you reverse. Try and get someone to listen as you drive the car back and forth.

Another possible problem may be the handbrake has been left on when the car was reversed - I am sure that is what happened to Lincolnbaggie last October in Wales when he accidentally did that but after a while it cleared (whatever it was) itself. ;)