Japspeed K1 Rattle

Woody

I have been running my K1 with Y-Pipe since December last year. But now I've noticed a rattle coming from the back. I've checked the exhaust isn't touching anything and its all tight and secure. I think it may be the heat shield, even though it seems secure and not touching. Is it ok to remove the heat shield now its not needed?

Cheers Woody :thumbs:

Have you checked the the hangers arent touching any of the bodywork?

Me and my dad have had a good look and its all free and not touching.

My heatshield fell off and I was advised (by Alex) that it was not needed

Cheers bud, im going to remove it and hopefully the rattle will go away :thumbs:

Hi, i think the rattle problem sounds from the middle silencer. A friend had the same problem and used a pipe instead of the middle silencer. So there were no more rattle sound...

This 350Z has the Problem in this Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOhi20f8KvE

Does it sounds like this?

Alright bud, my rattle isn't that harsh. its only when its on tick over snd just setting off. Im pretty dure its the OEM heatshield. Cheers anyway :thumbs:

Cheers everyone for thier replies :thumbs:

Fitted my K1 and Y pipe today, fitting is awful!!! There was initially no clearance where the exhaust joins the y pipe, had to use a smaller exhaust rubber to hold the exhaust higher so it doesnt foul! All done now though with no vibrations, fook me its LOUD though!! Didnt think it would be that loud!! Cant even heat the Popcharger anymore!

Fitted my K1 and Y pipe today, fitting is awful!!! There was initially no clearance where the exhaust joins the y pipe, had to use a smaller exhaust rubber to hold the exhaust higher so it doesnt foul! All done now though with no vibrations, fook me its LOUD though!! Didnt think it would be that loud!! Cant even heat the Popcharger anymore!

I had some issues with fittment too, bit of clearance issue and had to chop and change the hangers to get it so sit right. :lol: Have you took the bungs out? Its like the world is coming to an end when you do :scare::lol: