Full Throttle

bhavin85

Hi Guys,

I was just reading over the performance section and noticed that someone said the zed doesnt give 100% throttle in some gears!

"65% throttle opening is 1st, 70% in 2nd and 80% in 3rd. 4th, 5th and 6th are all 100%"

I have had a look online and I cant find any more info about this...why would nissan limit the throttle in 3 gears it doesnt make sense to me...surely a quicker car would sell more :unsure:

So if anyone has any more info on this can you send it my way as id be interested in reading :thumbs:

Plus side is that ill probably be off to abbey soon just to "correct" this issue haha

Perhaps this is the reason why you feel such a big difference when you fit the D1 Throttle Controller that EP Racing sell on here as I understand this opens the throttle 100% in all gears.

D1 wont change the throttle... It just changes the voltage from the drive by wire... Only thing that changes it is a remap or a change of ECU.

Bhav, loads of reasons behind it. Probably to get the emissions down and environmental stuff more than anything. Its the reason the car is throttled in other ways too.

Mark I didnt even think about emissions...thats probably 1 of the main reasons it was done...

Does this mean if i go to Abbey and get a remap I should see a quicker 0-60 time ?

I just want to give myself the best possible advantage when playing Traffic Light Grand Prix ;)

I would of guessed you don't want 100% in first when launching or you wheel spin too much?

yup, thats right too!

Its all about product placing, emissions, reliability/longevity and much more :p . Nissan has to cater for all needs which is why uprev, D1 and every aftermarket manufacturer or tuners make a killing.

You also have to account that drive by wire is a bit laggy unlike cable connected throttle which controls throttle electronically through pedal position sensors. Unfortunately slow response makes the car difficult and unpleasurable to drive. The D1 controls the voltage signal of the pedal and adjust the throttle to be more or less sensitive giving you can set up faster throttle response for a quick lauch or driving and even set slower throttle response for economy.

IMHO for anyone not wanting to break the bank and wants to improve performance will keeping everything standard then this is a must ;) because why else buy exhaust , CAIs etc if you will not make then work better with a remap :shrug:

Mark I didnt even think about emissions...thats probably 1 of the main reasons it was done...

Does this mean if i go to Abbey and get a remap I should see a quicker 0-60 time ?

I just want to give myself the best possible advantage when playing Traffic Light Grand Prix ;)

would like to know this too :teeth:

would like to know this too :teeth:

Hi Ben, longtime mate ;)

There will be a very slight improvement of sprint time but due to the weight and gearing to get a significant drop in time then you need more power or cheaply drastically reduce weight or change final drive at the expense of top speed or improve on your lanch technique which is equally important or just get a quicker 0-60 car :teeth: