Fastcar feature - issue 289

Muddy

Well after over 6 months waiting they've finally published the feature in the current issue of Fast car.

It's on pg112 if anyone's interested.

Nice pictures, that's all I can really say about the feature as it's a bit pants! :thumbdown: They had no writer attend the shoot and I pretty much wrote the article myself :angry:

I may sound a bit petty but after waiting so long and badgering the editors to find out when it will be published the end feature doesn't do the car justice IMHO. Especially against the same ol' same o'l euro golf and polo that's featured in the issue.

That's the first and last time Fastcar get an exclusive on the any other show car I build. Wish I had gone with Maxpower, at least I know they provide writers AND photographers.

That's such a shame Muddy .... I feel for you ........ you're obviously very disappointed ...... I can't wait to see your car in the flesh though so keep it clean and stay out of trouble on the speed humps :thumbs:

6 months is a long time but compare it to the 10 months i had to wait until my car appeared in the feb 03 FC :thumbdown: My mate did most of the talking while i had to move he car about for the togs but yeah i wasnt brilliantly impressed with mine either titled 'budget bruiser'

To me spending whatever youve got free a month on a car every month doesnt equat to a budget? going ive got 5k to build this is a budget car.To top it off though my car looked nigh on totally different by the time it got in the mag then at Donny show in 04 Redlines ed came over to see about a feature but wasnt interested when i said its been in a mag already untill i rolled off a huge list of new stuff,never did hear anything though.

Was the same at Pride of Lincoln cruise last year,my mate does some photos for Max Power & the dude they sent took my number with a few of my mates too,never did hear anything again

Chin up though Muddy its feature No.2 & your cars sweet,i was dribbling over it at ISTS last year inside,owning a zed was a dream back then :lol:

Thanks for the comments guys.

To be fair I already had a gut feeling it was going to be crap before it came out, so wasn't too disappointed when it was.

I'll contact the photographer and get some original pics, at least that's a bonus from having a mag feature you get cracking pictures (Eventually).

I'm no newbie when it comes to car photoshoots.

The photgrapher was very professional, but most are free lance and out sourced anyway.

It's just Fast Car's approach to the article was shoddy and poor at best.

I might as well have just added it to their "readers cars" and would have had similar exposure.

So won't be buying Fast car mag anymore (Not that i did anyway) and will persue other avenues in the future.

You live and learn I guess.

And Shaun, every photshoot I've done I have persisted in getting "some" copies of the originals for my personal collection from either the editor of the mag or the photographer direct. Most mag's just say they can't be used for public distribution.