Leather repair in central Scotland

350zStephen

My drivers side bolster on my Alzean leather seat has a few scuffs on it. Does anyone know of any good leather repairers in central Scotland?

Cheers

Hi mate - we have covered this subject quite extensively - you dont really need to go to the trouble of leather repairers when you can do it yourself? :)

Have you tried first cleaning it with some leather cleaner (like Autoglym) then applying a conditioner like Connollys Hide food or similar? You will be surprised by the results - unless of course a dog has chewed your seat, some close up pictures would be good :thumbs:

I'll take a few pictures when I return home from work tonight :thumbs:

I apply Zymol every other week, which cleans it up just nicely, but the scoring of the leather is pretty bad and has rubbed away the top layer of the leather.

Ok well lets see the pics - you maybe able to get away with recolouring the leather :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry mate only just seen this - ok thats the same that everyone gets with their seats -

Ok so my original suggestion still stands.

If you check the posts I have done on the subject but in short -

a) Get a leather cleaner like Autoglym leather cleaner and a microfibre cloth - clean the whole seat with it follow instructions on the bottle - its gentle stuff so dont worry.

B) Get some Connolly Hide food (about £10 a tub will last forever!) - apply a small amount via another microfibre cloth in small circles across the whole seat - dont put too much on - leave it to dry on for about 20-30 mins - then reapply a small amount more in the worn area than the rest - keep doign small circular motions about the size of the top of a coke can for example - this will nourish the leather - soften it and help regain its strengh and also smudge some of the pigment over to the leather that it damaged.

I have written an interior cleaning and maintenance guide - check the interior section.

All 350z's without fail will have this eventually - you can go to expense of new Nissan seats but they will also go in the same way unless you use European leather and recover - the Jap stuff is very thin and not very durable in 350's.

If you look after them on a regular basis with the Hide food - it will survive quiet well.

Let me know what you decide to do - or PM me if you need further advice - the next step is colouring kits but replacing the leather is really not required - its not ripped and will be ok for years yet.

Hope this helps? :thumbs:

If you go to Pistonheads forum, then advanced search, and search for word "leather" in forum "Scotland" you'll get a few threads where people have asked for the same recommendation.

Wullie ramsay loanhead 0131 440 0555 seems to be the favourite, but there are some other names as well

Gus

If you go to Pistonheads forum, then advanced search, and search for word "leather" in forum "Scotland" you'll get a few threads where people have asked for the same recommendation.

Wullie ramsay loanhead 0131 440 0555 seems to be the favourite, but there are some other names as well

Gus

Hi Gus. It's been a while since you've been on here. How's the new car?

Hi Gus. It's been a while since you've been on here. How's the new car?

Hi Jim, cars good thanks, not quite as special as the 350Z was though.

Pop in here to look fairly regularly but not often there's anything I can contribute on