225's on the rear?

The Hoff

I run 285s at the rear!

Technically - it might knock out the TC and cause all kinds of issues

In my opinion - I wouldn't want to reduce the traction available to the driven wheels personally.

Nissan don't spend millions in R&D for no good reason. As has already been said it will likely upset your TCS and in addition, could make the handing of the car unpredictable.

+1 - TCS will go mad, you then turn it off, you then end up in a ditch with weird handling. Please dont do it :headhurt:

Nissan don't spend millions in R&D for no good reason. As has already been said it will likely upset your TCS and in addition, could make the handing of the car unpredictable.

+1 - TCS will go mad, you then turn it off, you then end up in a ditch with weird handling. Please dont do it :headhurt:

+2 Would be a crazy thing to do. :wacko:

ok ok, calm down now. Its only a question! If its all a matter of saving a few quid then why does anybody bother with something like a Falken 452 when they 'could' purchase a Michelin Pilot Sport 2 for over double the price? Are you saying that all people who do that are also crazy?

You are referring to two seperate issues here. Falkens are a reasonably good budget tyre but won't provide the ultimate in terms of performance when compared to MPS. So long as you fit the correct sizes and to all 4 wheels, the Falkens are fine. What you're referring to is fitting incorrect sized tyres that will compromise the stability and handling characteristics of the car.

ok ok, calm down now. Its only a question! If its all a matter of saving a few quid then why does anybody bother with something like a Falken 452 when they 'could' purchase a Michelin Pilot Sport 2 for over double the price? Are you saying that all people who do that are also crazy?

In my opinion, yes. I wouldn't put Falkens on my car.

choosing cheap tyres is like eating tesco value food, its still food but its not great.

choosing the wrong tyre size is like eating dog food, its still food but you will die.

:lol: Hoff, you really need to have a rethink on this one.

Trev -Thank you. The sensible, reasoned response I was after.

choosing cheap tyres is like eating tesco value food, its still food but its not great.

choosing the wrong tyre size is like eating dog food, its still food but you will die.

:lol: like it, good analogy.

Dont worry, I havent fitted said tyres and not going too. I have no intention of making the car into an unstable, unsafe motor :drive1 I was simply posing the question of why it would make any difference and why? I immerge fully enlightened! ...as do the other many member who are 'crazy' for fitting Falkens :lol: