God Damn stereo telling me the news

Glennc91

I accidentally hit one of the stereo buttons on the left of my steering wheel. now the stereo has a mind of its own and is getting above its station! (like what ive done there?)

every now and again the volume cranks itself to a million and some posh radio 4 voice starts telling me the news in longer words than i care to use/understand. The display comes up with 'NEWS' much like the traffic announcement function. I have checked the owners manual to try and decipher how to turn this stupid function off but its a little over complicated. can anyone tell me a simple way to remove radio 4 from my life once again??

thanks in advance boys!

I accidentally hit one of the stereo buttons on the left of my steering wheel. now the stereo has a mind of its own and is getting above its station! (like what ive done there?)

every now and again the volume cranks itself to a million and some posh radio 4 voice starts telling me the news in longer words than i care to use/understand. The display comes up with 'NEWS' much like the traffic announcement function. I have checked the owners manual to try and decipher how to turn this stupid function off but its a little over complicated. can anyone tell me a simple way to remove radio 4 from my life once again??

thanks in advance boys!

Don't worry, as you get older Radio 4 will grow on you...

I'm on the lookout for a radio that has just ON/OFF, Radio 2 and Radio 4 buttons.

Also a Zed cardigan... :disguise:

S.

I read this when I was in work earlier, and giggled away to myself because I had the exact same problem when I first got my zed and I remember how annoying it was. Then driving down the motorway on the way home from work, the ****ing news came on 3 times in a row. Arghhhhhh LOL :blush:

left hand button on the stereo or the steering wheel? the steering wheel is how i turned the bugger on i think...

over the weekend with the sun shining it seemed like less of a problem, but when im on my way into work after scraping the windscreen, freezing and late, it makes me want to put my size 9 through it! :doh:

YESSSS!

I, the driver, once again am in control of whether i listen to the frigging news!

thankyou zDan you magnificent man!

and have you seen what it says in the manual?? youd think they would just write what you did, but nooooooo....