Satnav on imported 350Z

john-jam

Hi. I have just acquired a 2005 imported 350 cab. Amazing in all respects! However there is one problem. The satnav has japanese buttons and displays a map of Japan in japanese text. I have contacted a Nissan dealership to find out if they can reconfigure this for UK use but they seem unable to help. Plan B would be to acquire a secondhand satnav from a car which is being dismantled. I know where there is one, and I also know of a company which could fit it to mine but . . . it would need recoding to the vehicle. Am I right in thinking only Nissan can do this? This can't be the only parallel imported 350Z on the road. Can anyone offer any advice or help please?

Kind regards

John

:welcome: John

you might as well right the JDM satnav off. The only thing that can be used is the screen. Best option is to go for a car pc item. Nurrish does excellent one. Drop him a pm.

aslo try the search button. plenty of info

This has been written about previously. If you can get hold of a UK spec DVD, that fits in the slot behind the drivers seat, then you can get the JDM sat nav to work. I did it on mine & was lucky enough to find a disc in the unit I bought off eBay.

It took about half-an-hour, was a bit fidly, but a straight swap. You will be left with one wiring socket that doesn't plug into anything on the UK DVD player, just tuck it out of the way.

The only other thing is having to live with the Japanese buttons.