Wanted info FSO Warszawa M20 Garbus Polish Classic

stanski

Hi folks I know this is an odd request probably on the wrong forum but there are a number of Polish Zed members who maybe able to advise?

For those who have no idea what they are - its a Polish built classic Garbus (fastback) from the 50s right up to 1973, it was the first Polish peoples car really post war based on the Russian Pobieda - do a wiki pedia for other info. :)

941832391_1

I remember these as a kid on holiday in Poland in the 70's and always loved the shape - which probably got me into classics and fastback cars I suppose?

One day I would love to own one still but in the meantime if by some quirk of fate there happens to be one in the UK - would love to see it?

I've web surfed of course and they appear to be scarce in Poland also - just like they have been forgotten about but just wondered if anyone knows someone who has someone (Poland is not fully web enabled yet people still find stuff out by word of mouth - so you never know?)

(ok you can laugh now! :D )

Thanks

That's a Volvo copy Stan :)

its the other way round mate - they were copies from Yank cars of the 40's - the Volvo P444 you mean - very similar :)

Stew I doubt there were many bobbing around the roads but you would be surprised what can turn up if you look hard enough?