Tyre Roar

shambles

Hey Guys

Have just taken a zed for a test drive at my local dealership, and have a q.....

I was aware that going from my current 200bhp auto 328 meant that I was always going to have a bit of 'adjustment', but was very surprised at the power - very 'point and go' :teeth:

But one thing I did notice on this particular car was a lot of tyre roar at low speed (c20 mph). Appreciate that this could be normal given the tyres (this one had the Rays on), but wanted to test this with those 'in the know' as it did seem quite loud.

The only other thing that occured was that the (proper sports) driving position may be slightly painful over long journeys (travel Bath to MCR every weekend and some work travel too) - anyone done any long trips??

Think I may test drive another - going to try and get into a roadster I think.....

Cheers all[/b]

Guest prescience

The Bridgestones are noisy - that's all that can be said. I'm on wider Toyos and it is not an issue.

You can either wait until they wear out and put up with it or add some sound deadening. A tonneau cover helps some or Dynamat works well (but is expensive)

BTW it is even noisier in the wet ;)

I bought some Falkens about 11 days and then did 1700 miles from Southampton, around Ireland and then back again.

- There is noticably less tire raw (especially on motorways)

- Much more grip - I've only seen the traction control flicker once during the whole journey when I booted it high revs in 1st (someone tried to race me haha!). It used to flash all the while, especially when you booted it on a slow corner.

There is still more roar than if you had skinny tires on, but it's much better than with the bridgestones!

Hi Shambles. Welcome aboard! :thumbs:

Tyre noise has been dealt with by my learned friends. As for seats and comfort, I would say that the Zed isn't particularly low or compromised comfort wise compared to most proper sports cars. The seats are OK but not great - I'm pretty average height and I get a bit achy after 200 miles or so.

The Zed's a pretty good GT but like Tim said, if you want to waft about you may be better in a second hand XK. :)

Go for a 350z, you won't be disappointed!

The only issue most of us have is that some dealers are really annoying with cases under warranty and charging you way too much for labour etc.

For the rest, you cannot imagine how many smiles it will put on your face driving a Z.

I've never had so many people looking at my car than with the Z. So often thumbs ups from people, including small boys in the back of their parents car :D.

Also people tend to forget to enter a roundabout for example as they're staring at your car!

DON'T BUY AN XK

I have just gone the other way so i know both cars.

The XK IS a lot more comfortable but a lot less fun.

The Z is not uncomfortable on journeys but the ride, well mine anyway, is choppy round town on crappy old Barnsley roads.

The 'presence' of the Z far outweighs the XK, as nice as it was, and reliability with the Z WILL NOT BE AN ISSUE....... IT WILL be an issue with the XK. ;)

For the same price an XK or XKR will have 50 to 60 thou on the clock.

Its got back seats that are so small they are useless!! so the Z being a 2 seater IS NOT an issue.

XK's aare ALL automatic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just Mings thoughts

Ming the Manual lover

Go for a 350z, you won't be disappointed!

The only issue most of us have is that some dealers are really annoying with cases under warranty and charging you way too much for labour etc.

For the rest, you cannot imagine how many smiles it will put on your face driving a Z.

I've never had so many people looking at my car than with the Z. So often thumbs ups from people, including small boys in the back of their parents car :D.

Also people tend to forget to enter a roundabout for example as they're staring at your car!

You should try 9 Zeds driving through the villages of North Wales - now that caused a stir. :yahoo:

DON'T BUY AN XK

The Z is not uncomfortable on journeys but the ride, well mine anyway, is choppy round town on crappy old Barnsley roads.

The 'presence' of the Z far outweighs the XK, as nice as it was, and reliability with the Z WILL NOT BE AN ISSUE....... IT WILL be an issue with the XK. ;)

Its got back seats that are so small they are useless!! so the Z being a 2 seater IS NOT an issue.

Just Mings thoughts

Ming the Manual lover

I think you took me a bit too literally, Ming. ;)

DON'T BUY AN XK

Just Mings thoughts

Ming the Manual lover

I think you took me a bit too literally, Ming. ;)

Wheeewwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just came over in a cold sweat, a shudder and a mild panic attack.

My XK experience WAS NOT GOOD.

Just thought I better help prevent a mistake and missed the subtle humour in your comments :blush:

Ming the Over zealous

Comfort wise I think the Zed is pretty good. Having had a couple of new Volvos in the recent past that always have much acclaimed comfort in the seating and long drive areas, I've been pleasantly surprised by the Nissan.

And the leather (if you go for it) is softer than any German cow I've sat on....!!

Having had a couple of new Volvos in the recent past

Why?????????????????????????????????????????????????

I'm surprised that it's taken this long!!! You should see my last show car!! :teeth:

Most of my friends and family work in the motor industry in some way, from making Prodrive WRC's to selling them through to racing in Indy League. Few of which at the Swedish brick manufacturers.

Have to say, the new S40 / V50 is a good car, drive one.

Not as good as the Zed though! B)