Electric Window auto Drop - Still not working

new2350z

Hi, I posted a problem with my electric windows last month viewtopic.php?f=9&t=32105

I've found my door sensor switches are sticky and intend to replace as a start. But from reading the various posts on similar probs there seems to be a few options, the main one being the widow reset. I'm happy to give it a go as a last resort but also read someone thought there was a reset procedure which worked by disconnecting battery or something without having to taking door skin off which I'd love to avoid doing!

Has anyone with this specific issue of the window not automatically dropping when opening the door got it working again using one of these DIY fixes, preferably where not dismantleling the door!. I know when I open my door when the glass doesnt drop if I manually press the door sensor switch on door pillar I can hear the click of the relay but the glass doesnt drop and I mannually press the glass and drops a cm or so - the glass reseals fine when door closed again and all other electric functions on the window is fine.

The stealers are wanting me to book car in and are suggesting its prob regulator/motor or BCM unit and could cost £500 fitted!! - so thats why I and to replacy the sensor switches as a start. Any help much appreciayted as always...

Cheers

Hi, I posted a problem with my electric windows last month viewtopic.php?f=9&t=32105

I've found my door sensor switches are sticky and intend to replace as a start. But from reading the various posts on similar probs there seems to be a few options, the main one being the widow reset. I'm happy to give it a go as a last resort but also read someone thought there was a reset procedure which worked by disconnecting battery or something without having to taking door skin off which I'd love to avoid doing!

Has anyone with this specific issue of the window not automatically dropping when opening the door got it working again using one of these DIY fixes, preferably where not dismantleling the door!. I know when I open my door when the glass doesnt drop if I manually press the door sensor switch on door pillar I can hear the click of the relay but the glass doesnt drop and I mannually press the glass and drops a cm or so - the glass reseals fine when door closed again and all other electric functions on the window is fine.

The stealers are wanting me to book car in and are suggesting its prob regulator/motor or BCM unit and could cost £500 fitted!! - so thats why I and to replacy the sensor switches as a start. Any help much appreciayted as always...

Cheers

I had the same problem. Only option is to strip the door down I'm afraid. I tried the window reset and it didn't work - ended up replacing the motor and regulator (although managed to get one on Ebay for £21 all in)

There is also a guide on here that details how to strip down and clean the motor. A few have reported good results of it. In no way take it to a dealer, they will just throw parts at it until it is fixed! The BCM is highly unlikely to be the problem and yes they are £500 from a dealer :scare:

Have a good look on eBay and see if you can get a motor/regulator unit from there. They were going at around £100 when I replaced mine. You should also PM R35Lee and ZManAlex to see if they have any units in stock - that will save you a fortune. There are good guides for stripping down the doors and relacing the motors in the guides section. You'll need a pal to help you hold the glass when you remove the regulator mechanism. Good luck.