Front Brake Pads....Images Added

AlexZ

Ok guys this may have be mentioned before but I've been looking for some new pads today for the Z. I spoke to Nissan and theres retialed at £87+vat...I checked out Opie and there Brembo's were good at £108 delivered with discount...I spoke to our local Mintex dealer in the town and they said £26.50... :scare: I asked for the part number "MDB2341" to check the Mintex website myself and he was correct. These pads also fit the later Primera lol...I've used Mintex in all my car and never had a problem. At the cost of these pad I can't afford to not try them...What do you guys think?

Did anyone else know there Primera pads? Does anyone have a image of a front pad?

Alexz

why not get some EBC pads from CS. Loads better then OEM and cleaner. Or pm ZMANALEX, he does ferodos. Envy also have plenty of options to.

Hi mate, I've looked on Envy's website and there's are a fair few to choose from :lol: . I have searched on here and most people head for the Ferodo DS2500... I was happy with the standard brakes but thought might aswell have a look while I need them.

With my Nissan discount I can get genuine ones for £67inc vat. I have no plans to race the car (although I'm going over to Nurburg in the summer) so I dont really need anything to flash and the car is standard. I've used Mintex for years now on all different cars and never had a issue, plus there one of the largest brake manufactures in the world. If they dont turn out very good I could still get the standard or one of the above you mentioned. I understand it would cost a little more over all but if the Mintex turn out fine they'll be the perfect buy for any other Z owner just looking for a quality pad at a nice price. :thumbs:

Alexz

Performance and cost go hand in hand, simples. If you can afford the extra get the EBC or Ferodo, being able to stop more efficiently is quite high on my priorities list.

Very fair comment mate, I do understand that...I've ordered the Mintex anyway so I'll give them a bash...Worst that can happen is I have to buy another set lol... :teeth:

Performance and cost go hand in hand, simples. If you can afford the extra get the EBC or Ferodo, being able to stop more efficiently is quite high on my priorities list.

Very fair comment mate, I do understand that...I've ordered the Mintex anyway so I'll give them a bash...Worst that can happen is I have to buy another set lol... :teeth:

have you got a link to where you are getting the mintex pads?

have you got a link to where you are getting the mintex pads?

Sorry mate there just a local company in Hull. Mintex is a massive brake company and i'm sure you'll have a supplier in your area. I've received them today and they look pritty cool. The box states 350Z on the size so all should be good. I'll be fitting them at weekend. Reading some more info on Mintex today and they've been on the go over 100 years so I guess they can't be to bad. :thumbs:

Alexz

Hi Alex, did you get around to fitting them? I know they're not bedded in yet but how do they feel in comparison to the standard ones?

Hi mate, they feel better then what I had with out a worry...I havent used them hard yet aparts from the bedding in process but alls looking good upto now...

I just need to change the brake fluid now and she should be rocking...

I've attached my thread if you need anymore info mate :thumbs:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=29312&p=495935#p495935

Thanks Alex