Nismo Bodykit

MarkW

It looks like ive sold my Audi so I can now seriously look to buy :D

Im now looking for the best combination of spec/price/age/mileage etc and there are quite a few on pistonheads/ebay/autotrader etc

Question is, how much more should a factory fit Nismo bodykit add to the price of a used car? I do like the look of it but dont want to pay over the odds and not get it back at resale time...

Also I presume this would need to be declared to insurance as a mod?

It looks like ive sold my Audi so I can now seriously look to buy :D

Im now looking for the best combination of spec/price/age/mileage etc and there are quite a few on pistonheads/ebay/autotrader etc

Question is, how much more should a factory fit Nismo bodykit add to the price of a used car? I do like the look of it but dont want to pay over the odds and not get it back at resale time...

Also I presume this would need to be declared to insurance as a mod?

Don't know about the first few questions, but here's an interesting thought....

If the Nismo kit was factory fitted, i.e was on when the car was bought, then its another optional extra, such as mudguards etc...... therefore it's not a modification. I wouldn't declare it unless they specifically ask when it has this kit on from new. You haven't modified, or the previous owner. It was factory fitted...... just a thought? B)

Don't know about the first few questions, but here's an interesting thought....

If the Nismo kit was factory fitted, i.e was on when the car was bought, then its another optional extra, such as mudguards etc...... therefore it's not a modification. I wouldn't declare it unless they specifically ask when it has this kit on from new. You haven't modified, or the previous owner. It was factory fitted...... just a thought? B)

AFAIK the Nismo kit wasn't/isn't available as a factory fit item. As you say it's a dealer fit extra but as the Insurance companies list the car as standard without the kit you might paint yourself into a corner by not mentioning it. :blush:

Its a bit of a dodgy one this one - really any optional extras that you put on the car you should declare if you want them to be covered i.e. if you did not tell them about the Nismo kit you could not really say much if they just replaced it with a standard kit. How would they know anything different.

Thanks for the replies. I'll probably buy private but this is at the local stealers, what do you think I could get them down to for a cash sale?.......

(Apologies for the long URL)

I would say it seems a tad expensive for a 2 yr old car. Your paying extra for the kit and low mileage! IMO the kit makes the rays look very small.

I would say it seems a tad expensive for a 2 yr old car. Your paying extra for the kit and low mileage! IMO the kit makes the rays look very small.

I'd consider it for £22k but dont think they would go that far.

If the Rays look small maybe I should bid for the one on ebay with the 19" Nismos then :D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %3AIT&rd=1

Anyway doesnt all this heavy bodykit slow it down? :teeth:

Oh, and theyve both got satnav as well which must add a few hundred to the price?

Going through the whole insurance quote thing now for a new 06 car with Nismo fitted I will tell you that if you don't declare it they won't replace it 'if' something happens to it.

I was told by Admiral that they would insure the car but not the bodykit, I explained that it's a factory fit optional extra but that doesn't matter, they wouldn't insure it.

I spoke to Adrian Flux who are prepared to insure that, the LMGT4 wheels, Nismo zorst and popcharger, all in for £750. It's done on a like for like basis.

I really would think twice about buying the car and not declaring the kit, it's a lot of money to have to shell out should something happen to it.

Guest prescience

I agree with this, I don't know why people spend hundreds and more on a bodykit and then begrudge say an extra £100 (max) to ensure it is replaced if the worst happens

Guest prescience
The nismo kit isn't factory fit. It's fitted at the garage.

Mike, you're right but that's splitting hairs. The point here is that it is a Nissan item designed specifically for the car by the motorsport arm of Nissan as opposed to an aftermarket item with who knows what pedigree

The nismo kit isn't factory fit. It's fitted at the garage.

Splitting more hairs, it may not be Japan factory fit but it is NMGB fit rather than dealer fit because my dealer hasn't received my car yet due to NMGB still having it to fit the bodykit.

I should add the my dealer do have their own bodyshop as well.

It's an optional extra available directly when purchasing the car, found in the originally produced Nissan 350Z brochure. To my mind that's an optional factory fit. So it isn't actually fitted at the factory, it's not something that I have had to fit, source or worry about.