Import v Uk and depreciation question

Hey guys , currenly saving my pennies for a Z

started with a budget of 10 k then quickly realised i need more for a an 04 plate with about 40 k on the clock . I now have nearly 12 k in the bank and in the next few weeks will be going out to view.

I must say for me 12k is a lot of cash and the most expensive car i will have owned to date ! , two questions -

1. With the 370 already out do you think the 350z prices will plummet or stay pretty good like the MK1 audi tt

2. Seem to have made my mind up i want a uk gt , but i cant help thinking i could get an st import and spend the 2 k on a nismo kit, exhaust , new wheels etc what do i do !!!!!!

Anyone driven a uk and gt version , i know the exhaust is quieter in the import which is easily fixed , did i read somewhere the suspension was softer on the import version ?

Thanks

hi ,i think the prices are going down already even though some seem to think thay are going up lol,thing with an import- i personaly think you get a better conditiond car of the same age as a uk car but you never really know the history and all seem to have silly low miles,the main problem with an import -insurance will cost more than a uk car and when you try to sell it no one seems to want an import,i have had 5 imports and enjoyed them all but got a uk car now and i dont think i will have another import ,i sold my 2003 azure blue with 33k miles for £8k which i bought for £12K so i lost £4k in less than a year,i think after 2003 imports and uk cars had the same suspension.

You can get a better condition or newer import for the same money. You also get a few good things like nicer rear bumper imo, folding mirrors and most engines make more power. But uk you will get a uk spec car with brembos and headlight washers. Also when you say import some people dont want to touch it.

You can get a better condition or newer import for the same money. You also get a few good things like nicer rear bumper imo, folding mirrors and most engines make more power. But uk you will get a uk spec car with brembos and headlight washers. Also when you say import some people dont want to touch it.

UK cars have folding mirrors too (non auto but electric) as standard equipment ..... just to clarify, JDM cars came with the option of auto folding mirrors that also tilt when reverse is engaged

I went through a similar though process when I was looking for a Z.

I went for a completely stock GT spec with 35k on a 55 plate for around your £12k budget, and I'm not even that fussed now about a bodykit and wheels!! :lol:

I wanted the GT goodies and didn't want to have to pay extra to insure a car just because it was an import (which I did on my MR2).

The GT spec is more desirable and I've seen cars of my age with more miles advertised for £14-15k. :bounce: