Any Known Oiling Issues?

Tricky-Ricky

Are there any known oiling issues with the VQ35DE? in connection with my other thread about a 350Z i looked at, when i removed the filler cap and had a peer inside while the engine was running, it looked a bit dry on the cam.

Also the cap and aperture had a bit of gooey oil residue on them, which points to infrequent oil changes, also noticed a very light tick, so possible worn tappet bucket, which is a worry on a 31K motor, being an import i suspect it was in japan, as it only been in the country for just over two years, and the current owner looks after it.

So i just wondered if there are any issues with the top end oil supply, does it have cam oiling tubes like the SR20 engine, a known problem?

350z engine tends to be pretty bullet proof, as long as they have been well maintained,

That was my impression, but the dry looking cam coupled with oil residue, leads me to think it wasn't treated to regular oil changes or possible low oil level in Japan, and the tick is definitely louder with the cap removed, so the chance of it being external is slim.

350z engine tends to be pretty bullet proof, as long as they have been well maintained,

That was my impression, but the dry looking cam coupled with oil residue, leads me to think it wasn't treated to regular oil changes or possible low oil level in Japan, and the tick is definitely louder with the cap removed, so the chance of it being external is slim.

if your not happy with it walk away, gut instinct counts for a lot

if your not happy with it walk away, gut instinct counts for a lot

I know, i know, but the rest was perfect, don't you just hate it when that happens :headhurt: maybe I'll take another look just to put my mind at rest.