Nismo exhaust finally fitted!

ug45cwb

Made the trip to CS yesterday to have my nismo exhaust and plenum spacer fitted. The exhaust sound is really stunning!

I always think pictures of an exhaust are a bit useless but I took some anyways just to avoid the "this is worthless etc" posts:

photo3-1.jpg

photo21.jpg

photo6.jpg

Cheers for CS and Andy for doing a top job of the fitting, will be back soon :thumbs:

Been reading here http://my350z.com/forum/intake-exhaust/ ... pacer.html that the spacer on its own will do very little/nothing, and needs a MREV2 plenum to make any gains. Will the MREV2 plenum fit on my 04 UK Zed? Will it make as good gains as the Kinetix velocity plenum?

Cheers

I always think pictures of an exhaust are a bit useless but I took some anyways just to avoid the "this is worthless etc" posts:

Phillistine! The NISMO is a work of art! ;):p

No, the Amuse is a work of art, the ARC is a work of art, the new Tomei exhaust is a work of art. The nismo is just a stock loking exhaust :p;)

No, the Amuse is a work of art, the ARC is a work of art, the new Tomei exhaust is a work of art. The nismo is just a stock loking exhaust :p;)

:lol: Can't comment - never seen any of those in the flesh.

:lol: Can't comment - never seen any of those in the flesh.

I've never seen the ARC in the flesh, will hopefully see the Tomei soon :ninja:

The MREV2 is a lower collector isn't it? not a plenum?

Yes, and I think a lot of people have been confusing the issue on here recently with their posts. Ok, so with the RevUp engine, they redesigned the lower plenmum/collector with a view to increase top end HP IMO to chase numbers. This meant a loss of torque and also rendered the plenum spacer useless. The MREV2, is a new lower collector - which ironically is pretty much the non-RevUp lower collector - which gives back the low down torque but loses a bit of the high end power - to be expected. The spacer can then be used again to bump the power back up.

So non-RevUp (MY03-05) just needs the spacer

RevUp (MY06) needs MREV2 and spacer to work

:thumbs:

Is there no benifit to the MREV2 on non rev up?

From what I understand, its pretty much a stock non-revup lower collector. In fact when the revup came out I remember guys fitting the non-revup lower collector to get the torque back ;) I guess there might be slight tweaks to it over a non-revup, but I would guess its very little.

Is there no benifit to the MREV2 on non rev up?

From what I understand, its pretty much a stock non-revup lower collector. In fact when the revup came out I remember guys fitting the non-revup lower collector to get the torque back ;) I guess there might be slight tweaks to it over a non-revup, but I would guess its very little.

Hmm, well I guess that saves me 300 notes :lol:

R

Just looking on the motordyne site, they do a "non-revup lower collector rebate" for those that swap out a non-revup lower collector for a MREV2. I have a feeling that because they are obviousy re-using them (because they offer a rebate), the MREV2 is in fact just a modified non-revup lower collector, so you might see some gains, but not a lot ;)

The MREV2 is a lower collector isn't it? not a plenum?

Yes, and I think a lot of people have been confusing the issue on here recently with their posts. Ok, so with the RevUp engine, they redesigned the lower plenmum/collector with a view to increase top end HP IMO to chase numbers. This meant a loss of torque and also rendered the plenum spacer useless. The MREV2, is a new lower collector - which ironically is pretty much the non-RevUp lower collector - which gives back the low down torque but loses a bit of the high end power - to be expected. The spacer can then be used again to bump the power back up.

So non-RevUp (MY03-05) just needs the spacer

RevUp (MY06) needs MREV2 and spacer to work

:thumbs:

When I had my MREV2 fitted, I still showed a top end loss even with the spacer also fitted. Needed a remap to make back the top end and then further improved it as well.

When I had my MREV2 fitted, I still showed a top end loss even with the spacer also fitted. Needed a remap to make back the top end and then further improved it as well.

Did you consider the MREV2 a worth while improvement? I assume by what you say you get more midrange torque and more power at the top once remapped?

Did you consider the MREV2 a worth while improvement? I assume by what you say you get more midrange torque and more power at the top once remapped?

I'd say it was definitely a worth while improvement, but only if you're planning on having a remap. To be honest, I think any bolt on mod for the 350z needs a remap to go with it.