Upper Dash Rattle

magrillz

Hi All,

I’m in the process of getting a new head unit fitted but since removing the centre console and refitting I seem to have made what was a quiet rattle even louder. I’m not sure if it’s because the stereo is not in at the moment but thought before I put it all back together for the final time it was worth checking if anyone has ever had this problem.

The rattle seems to come from around the 3 gauges where the centre console fits into the dash. It’s worse with the centre console removed (guess it loses some structural strength) so think it’s the surrounding dash areas. Cars under warranty but bet they will just blame it on me fitting an aftermarket head unit. Can’t find anyone on the search who has had this particular issue but thought I’d check.

Thanks in advance guys.

:thumbs:

I've got numerous rubber pads discreetly hidden behind and under panels in my cockpit to try and stop the rattles! Only two left now are the drivers seatbelt guide and one near the rear strut brace somewhere.

I think it's a fairly common problem on the 350 (especially with uprated suspension shaking everything round a bit more).

I've got numerous rubber pads discreetly hidden behind and under panels in my cockpit to try and stop the rattles! Only two left now are the drivers seatbelt guide and one near the rear strut brace somewhere.

I think it's a fairly common problem on the 350 (especially with uprated suspension shaking everything round a bit more).

I had the same issue with the seat belt guide. Its a simple fix, just lube that bad boy up!

I have have the same rattle comming from the three dials. While driving today i reached forward and stuck my fingers in the windscreen vents. This seems to stop the rattle. Yours might be the same.....

I had the same issue with the seat belt guide. Its a simple fix, just lube that bad boy up!

I have have the same rattle comming from the three dials. While driving today i reached forward and stuck my fingers in the windscreen vents. This seems to stop the rattle. Yours might be the same.....

I've lubed up the seat belt which works, but it comes back after a while. Maybe get some RimWax on it ;)

I haven't gotten any rattles but I do have a pretty annoying seat squeek that's developed. I assume it's my fat arse that's caused it over the first 3000 miles of my ownership. The weird thing is is that I can't make the squeek happen by waggling my arse around or bouncing up and down, it only happens when driving. Is there something I can lube that's most likely to be doing it? (don't say my arse)