Engine Management Light

PAK999

I have just fitted a new set of Denso Iridium Power Spark Plug IKH16 spark plugs,

(bought from OPIE Oils for £43.85 including delivery and club discount).

Everything went OK and the engine is running fine but the engine management

light came on. I double checked all the electrical connectors and air intake tubing

and still the engine management light is on.

Has anyone had a similar experience to this, I have found the thread on the forum

to reset the light but I would like to know what it is first.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

If you don't have access to an OBDII reader, then you can read the error code from the car by following the Reset Procedure.

When the CEL light starts to flash, you can count the flashes for the code ... I think it's just before the step where you press and hold the accelerator pedal down for 10 seconds.

:thumbs:

If you don't have access to an OBDII reader, then you can read the error code from the car by following the Reset Procedure.

When the CEL light starts to flash, you can count the flashes for the code ... I think it's just before the step where you press and hold the accelerator pedal down for 10 seconds.

:thumbs:

+1 follow all the steps but dont turn the key to off position in the end, wait and read the blinks. you've got a lot of time so sit and wait. the first blinks will be very slow, thats the start of the code. so for instance 0002 would be 10 slow, 10 fast, 10 fast and 2 fast in the end.