Does it really matter Servicing at Nissan??

jerry3167

If its brand new out the box, it should be pre oiled Jerry :thumbs: (maybe worth checking with your supplier). Dont be supprised when Mark tells you to make better gains you have to use the OEM airbox :lol:

:surrender: So, should I put a stock airbox on for the run?

depends on what you want.

jwt = more noise, a small performance drop

stock airbox with performance filter element = a couple more bhp but less induction noise.

i will post up my results as soon as i'm done, and i'm sure jerry would do the same

Yep, I go to Mark @ Abbey with the following:

MD Plenum spacer 5/16ths

High Flow Cats

JWT Pop Charger.

5 ZIGEN Pro-Racer Cat Back

Thanks guys. When are you both getting your remaps done?

If its brand new out the box, it should be pre oiled Jerry :thumbs: (maybe worth checking with your supplier). Dont be supprised when Mark tells you to make better gains you have to use the OEM airbox :lol:

:surrender: So, should I put a stock airbox on for the run?

depends on what you want.

jwt = more noise, a small performance drop

stock airbox with performance filter element = a couple more bhp but less induction noise.

Yeah I was just messing, the drop in HP is tiny. I think on Andys car it was like 2HP or something top end. TBH I'm not conviced that on the road it makes any difference at all as I have seen very similar IATs with the popcharger and stock airbox. On the dyno though, the popcharger definately gets heatsoaked a bit. Sure Mark will keep an eye on IATs :thumbs: