steve_b

Which Date is best  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which Date is best

• 25th Sept
    • 2nd Oct
    • 6th Oct

As per my other thread Andy Walsh has agreed to do an discounted Activity Day

It will cost me £900 so its likely to be £36 per head if we have approx 30 people. If less numbers I cannot see it being more than £50. You will not get cheaper day anywhere.

I need to work out the day and will start a poll latter.

Activity Day

A chance to have a play in your cars in a safe environment, increase your driving ability and have a laugh.

The day is a taster of what is done on a Car Limits training day, with tuition from Andrew Walsh but with more fun and more people, so less cost. Have fun on the high speed bend, circuits in the afternoon and the slalom course which is open all day.

Address is:

Merlins Way

North Weald

Epping

Essex

CM16 6AA

The day will commence at 9am and finish at 4pm.

Be in comfortable clothes. Wear sensible shoes to drive in.

Officially spectators are not allowed. However, if you want/need to bring a partner along, that’ll be fine. Please remember though that there are no specific facilities for them to sit and watch.

Bring your driving license along.

Bring some money along for lunch and for drinks at the local afterwards.

Oh – and bring a car!

No crash helmets are required.

Location?

Date?

Definatly something that sounds like fun. Might have a mate from work that would also want to come if we are short of numbers (although it would be a TT)

When you say TT you do mean a Twin Turbo Zed and not the middleaged car by audi? :scare:

Gents,

Cost would be between £35-50

Date, please vote.

Car types.. really do not mind as differnet cars and driver ability will not effect it. This is not a track day but safe training day. With a couple of course laid out to work out how your car handles and where the limits are without any chance of hitting anything or any other cars.

Therefore any car is good to go, even better would be to see a 350z whoop a TT's ass. but id there is a formula ford or similar then we will all get panted.

If others want it only 350's speak up now.

Steve

When you say TT you do mean a Twin Turbo Zed and not the middleaged car by audi? :scare:

Nope no turbo Z I am afraid. Don't worry we have given him a really hard time about buying it and asking when hes going to quite to become a hair dresser :p

He only picked it up on sat and hes been off all week so next week will be time for more ribbing :)

Steve, I'd be up for this but unfortunately, I'm going to be well away in the sun for ALL of these dates! :thumbdown:

Therefore I won't be able to make it....... shame, sounds ace following on from George's review as well......

I'll keep an eye out to see if the date moves etc.

Gutted. I have been hoping for something like this to find the limits and practice a bit of drifting in a safe place for ages.

Unfortunatly im off back to Iraq early September for another two months of 'fun in the sun'!!!! :thumbdown:

Have a good day, take some pics if it goes ahead. :D

I'll put out the feelers at work to see how many people would be interested.

So what exactly is it thats on offer

All Day = Open Pit Slalom roughly how long? Is this just a straight slalom?

Afternoon = High Speed Bends + Circuits ( what sort of circuit?)

Will close the vote next week . pick the fav day and get it booked.

Does not look like we will get 20-30 here so anyione wanting to bring guest please do.

Steve

Also presumably this is going to seriously effect prices? Think we need to get a ballpark idea of numbers that are interested (across mates/work mates etc) and then decide if we're gonna do it. If the figure is massively different to what has been mentioned before it could mean the difference between a yes/no for all involved.

From my point of view Essex is a long trek and I'd be staying somewhere the night before. If its then £100+ or more for the day I may have to think again.

Numbers wise from my end I'm confident that I can bring at least 2 drivers with me (poss more, but I'm looking at a number I know I can defintately get)

Rob,

Cheapest track day I have done is 99, but now that’s gone to 109.

This will be at max £50. If people that are thinking of more than 1 place can they say or PM me as that could influence dates.

I would still prefer the 2nd as would mean missing the Monday morning traffic getting there on Sunday night. If we do not have big numbers then I would only get 1 parts of the airfield instead of 2. Missing out the Slalom.

If people agree with that I will pay and get the money back (as close as I can to the sum I payout, either £700 or £900) with a guaranteed max of £50 each. If we get 25 should be £36

Steve

I agree on prices. If its above £50 then I would have to think twice about it due to distance and then you are starting to approach the prices for proper track days

What do you mean by Slalom. Is it just a straight slalum course? The main question I have been asked is what is thats actually on offer? Effectily an airfield track day? Any chance you could give some sort of idea of the layout on a Aerial of the airfield?

A good picture of the airfield can be clipped from here http://local.live.com/?v=2&sp=aN.smkw2jh0cg02_Airlfield___

Rob,

Cannot find any video.

But these 3 pics give you an idea.

First show the area where the timed circuit is and is identical to the walshy day except that its from a standing start. (just looks like a open space in pic but shows you scale.)

Next gives you high speed corner view, you just as fast as you can up the straight and at the end. Its right hander that you should hit at between 80-110. You start slow, and you just slam it to the right and hold on for dear life when it gets to speed where the tyres break away.

The 3rd is Slalom, just think of it as a line of cones you go left and right thru like in croft dog show. at the end you do a reverse and then back up the course and break in box. This is timed and you see how quick you can go.

Regards

Steve

Ah I see - so it really is 3 set small things. TBH its not really the sort of thing I would be looking at doing. A full airfield track day is more what I am looking at there you can take a number of corners at high speed etc.

Also timing is not good as it screws my insurance :(

Rob,

No probs.

This is not a airfield track day, more a learning experience to see the limits and have fun in totally safe way.

On all track days I have done, 10-15, inc Silverstone, Brands, Bedford, Abbeville, Croix, Anglesey, Pembery, the Ring, Rockingham and conned airfield such as Abingdon and Hullavington. ALL without fail had risk of someone else stuffing in into your car.

On this day its one at time so no chance of that , but does have timing so has a challenge. Also so much run off you cannot hit anything, circuit have arnco or airfield have drains etc. Also this will be 35-50 and a track day will be twice that if not more.

I have drawn very roughly the route, the second pic will take between 55 and 75 secs, which is just short of some small circuit (except the GP ones.). So you do get a feel for it. I would say this is either first stage to track days or a chance to really hoon in your car without loosing license. And l;earn something about your driving and how the car handles on the limit.

Regards

Steve

PS if you are up for something else let me know. Foir airfield days I use http://www.motorsport-events.co.uk/ if you see anything would be interested in coming to see a Zed fly by.

Andy Walsh does a full day training course for 4 drivers at crail airfield for £80 per person. £40 per person for an evening session based on 4 as well.

This would be more suitable for northern Z owners. Just a quick trip up the A1.

Andy Walsh does a full day training course for 4 drivers at crail airfield for £80 per person. £40 per person for an evening session based on 4 as well.

This would be more suitable for northern Z owners. Just a quick trip up the A1.

Where is Crail airfield near?