Aspect Ratio changing from 275 35 19 to 275 30 19

cowboy

I am looking to purchase a new set of rear tyres and looking at members feedback the VREDESTEIN ULTRAC SESSANTA look a decent model. I currently have dunlop sportmaxx 275 35 19. When looking for some Vredesteins the 275 30 19 come out quite a bit cheaper than the 275 35 19.

What affect will this have to the ride? Speedo?

Advice much appriciated.

Steve

Changing to that size tyres will make the ride harsher for sure, as less sidewall to soak up the bumps. Would also think you will be more at risk of damaging your alloys over our nasty pot holed roads :thumbdown:

On the plus side, it may give you sharper feeling turn in...

Your speedo will read slightly higher for the same speed if you switch to these tyres... but not by much I think.

• 4 weeks later...
will also affect traction control on the rears, not advisable

+1. Make sure if you change the rear sizes, you also change the fronts at the same time. If you dont do this, your traction control will be affected and will keep coming on very frequently and make the car almost undrive-able.

The rolling radius difference of front compared to rear must be always be kept the same, or very very close.