Removing Seats

Rob Gaskin

I have an 04 basic 350 with cloth seats. I want to swap the seats for some I've bought (same but better condition).

According to a manual (CD) I have I need to disconnect both battery leads and wait 3 mins. Is this really necessary?

Obviously I don't want to trigger any error codes or set the air bags off but I'd rather leave the battery leads on if I can.

Disconnect the battery and pump the brake pedal, should remove the juice. Remember if you have leccy seats already to move it forwards and backwards to remove the bolts before disconnecting the battery. Sounds obvious now, but its funny how often you forget :doh:

Just open both doors before you disconnect the battery and it will be fine. Have had my seats out about 10x while faffing around its all fine :) I would open both doors, disconnect the battery and then remove seats, install new ones, and reconnect the battery. The extra time between disconnecting the battery and removing the seats should mean there is no power left to the sensors so no airbag light. Its easy to reset if you do make a mistake anyway :thumbs:

Why would the glass smash?

If it doesn't drop then when you shut the door the glass can hit against the frame and smash :)

Never known it to actually smash, have their been any cases of it happening? I've had mine clip it once before, that was enough :headhurt:

Why would the glass smash?

If it doesn't drop then when you shut the door the glass can hit against the frame and smash :)

Never known it to actually smash, have their been any cases of it happening? I've had mine clip it once before, that was enough :headhurt:

I'm sure someone somewhere will have done it. All it takes is for some clumsy oaf to shut the door with a bit of force :headhurt: